hi all looking for piston info

vw monster

TDI
golf and 4 jettas
Hi all got a 01 golf tdi any ways turbo went south and she killed her self :rolleyes: going to replace rods and pistons . just looking at what you guys would recommend will be doing the work my self as I am a ag tec so no big deal for me block is fine bore look like new going with bigger injector tips and programmer but don't know which one yet. But would like a good bottom end :D.first this will be my daily driver so nothing to crazy lol. Thanks Bob.

cooper426

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exc. 2001 Golf TDI
Hi, I would bore to 2.0 for BHW pistons. Pistons are great price from Rock Auto and the pistons are lower CR. I have a few co-workers from you area, I would gladly help you out if needed. I also have a spare bare block in you need one.

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
I've got some chinese H-beam rods coming from new jersey and some ARL pistons coming from rockauto.

Supposedly the ARLs are supposed to be tractor-strong, and looking at pictures they certainly look the part. Top ring land's a good 1/4" further down from the crown than the ALH pistons.

The chinese rods are supposedly the same forgings as rostens, just without any sort of name or guarantee.

mk1-83

Veteran Member
TDI
LUPO 1.9 tdi 300+ hp
Jep my h-beams rods are chinese with oem arl pistons holding strong around 250hp/500nm