My 2012 Passat TDI was finally delivered!

eatpasta

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
Yo...eatpasta...if your poop looks like the Passat red, you...uhhh...better eat less pasta!:D
Really...to each, his/her own. Your post was a bit rude:(...not a lot:rolleyes:...just a bit...actually, I agree it's more brown than red, but it sure doesn't look like poop!!

OP: Enjoy your new ride. We're picking up our Black/Cornsilk SEL tonight. Now, if eatpasta thinks MY RIDE looks like poop, he'd better check himself into an internal medicine clinic real quick!:eek:

Rude? really? :confused: I dont see it but then again I hang around with motorcycle folk mostly.... so its entirely possible that I could have become very insensitive and just not known it...

so please accept my apology!

:rolleyes:

Congrats on the new car!!! I am certain that it will most certainly NOT appear to be fecal in any way.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Cool...no problem...just yanking your chain...get used to it, cause I'll be on this forum a lot, now with a 2009 and a 2012 Passat.

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
Not meant to offend, but I was unimpressed with Opera Red in person. There's an awesome Passat picture of it on page 13 of the 2nd released 2012 brochure -- looks like an elegant candy apple red. But in person and full sunlight my first impression was almost a dead ringer of dried blood (darker than illustrated with a hint of brown).

eatpasta

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
yeah... I wanted that gunmetal color.... the wife wanted Opera Red.

Guess who won?

:cool:

I already have 5 motorcycles.... so.... I lose lots of those "discussions"

:rolleyes:

I still maintain that the red looks incredible when not in the direct sunlight.