Vw extended warranty on HPFP

redbarron55

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Executive
I think this letter "extending the warranty" is to limit their exposuer to the period listed. Probably no more fix the HPFP problems for however long as before.
I have the 2 Micron system on my 2009 and when the 2013 is out of it's warranty period one goes on it too.

sprinks

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta tdi (gone); now mk7 gti
Hm. 120k for warranty. 120k for the timing belt change... timing belt can be knocked out same time as hpfp... looks like it makes it a nice sweet spot for a GTD HPFP swap. start saving those pennies.

ktlightning

TDI
2010 4d Golf TDI
I changed my belts at 80k. Is this something I should be doing at 120 as well? I'm now at 134k and going strong (no turbo, hpfp, or dpf problems yet...)

sprinks

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta tdi (gone); now mk7 gti
ktlightning: According to VW's maintenance schedule (here: http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/516/2010_All.pdf), Common Rail 2.0L timing belts are done on the 120K miles interval. That said, if you changed it at 80K miles, I would suppose your next timing belt is due at 200K miles. 80K is fine for sure, but early from what i've read.

edge130

Veteran Member
TDI
Wife's 2009 Jetta TDI sedan (2009 - 2017)
Misfueling guard

I, for one, have yet to have any issues when refueling my car since VW installed the mis fueling guard.

Not sure why folks are posting that they are are having problems with it.

I fill up at gas stations , not at truck stops though.

Lately I have been filling up at a local BP station. BP has a corporate leaflet stating they will pay for for proven bad fuel related repairs.

capt_slow

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI SEL
Looks like we got our first case of VW denying HPFP repairs on the basis of the new extended warranty.

At 70K, I got about another 4-5 years left before it goes out of warranty.

Last edited:

cmos8088

TDI
2012 Golf TDI
My HPFP just went out. I have a 2012 Golf TDI and confirmed with VW that mine should be covered just need to tow it in to the dealership. I found the TSB on the NHSTA website that explains the extended warranty and fuel testing is not required anymore here is the link to the PDF https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10163372-0001.pdf

Update: The dealership tried to deny the extended warranty and the service manager of Volkswagen of Fort Myers Florida was every rude to me. Tried treating me like an idiot and saying the fuel was contaminated they did the paper stick test which is unreliable and why Volkswagen has stopped the fuel testing requirement. I then informed him I am a truck driver with a class A CDL and the reason why I bought the car, then he got more rude. I decided to call corporate and file a complaint. Long story short corporate sided with me and is covering the cost of repair saving me 6500. The service manager was very polite the last time we talked I'm sure corporate had something to do with that.

Last edited: