B 5.5 Passat Wagon For Sale

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
SOLD!

The time has come. We got a great deal on a '15 Golf TDI SportWagen SE and the Passat is for sale. A lot of you know the car and the care it has received, but there are some current issues.

On the plus side: Only 505.01 oil has been used in the car's 153,000 miles; No rust (the foam blocks were removed years ago. Geared BSM at 80K miles; VW rebuilt transmission at 120K miles; Rocket Chip Stage 2, iPod dock and converter (Plays through Monsoon system), Panzer Plate; New Cam, followers and TB kit (Work done by TDIRacing); New BuzzKen turbo-back exhaust w/high flow metallic cat; EGR Cooler relocated; Raxles on both sides; New control arms within the last 10K miles; New rotors and pads at around 120K miles; Bilstein HDs front and rear; Run on a max of ASTM 6751 certified B20; Recently replaced a leaking oil cooler; Elliptical "Blind Spot" heated mirrors. Probably more, but you get the gist.

On the negative side: The A/C blows warm; The tie rods need replacement; The new exhaust is louder than I had anticipated (Much louder than the same set up on our Golf and I'm waiting to hear back from Ken); I tried to reglue the fabric on the sunroof motor cover, but it discolored from the glue; Usual chips and dings outside and inside that you'd expect on a 12 year old car.

Included:Ten liters of Total Ineo Quartz MC3 5W30 505.01 oil; Extra set of VW axles and an outer boot repair kit; One Engine air filter; The "relocated" EGR Cooler. Maybe more when I check the garage

More pics on request.

I'm keeping the BBS VZ wheels and Contis and the car will be supplied with these from the new GSW, or steelies for less $.

Asking $3,500 but will entertain reasonable offers.

I also have a spare head w/injectors ($500 OBO) and a new, never installed Frost Heater ($100)

Either PM me or my e-mail address is in my profile page.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Sharp car! What color is the interior? Sunroof? Both heated seats work OK?
Thanks.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
This is one very nice car. At $3,500, this is one of the best B5.5V deals I have seen in years. If only I were in the market.

diesel#2

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen, 2004.5 Passat Variant (sold), 2000 Golf (still in family), 1998 jetta (RIP)
Paul-- keep us posted. now that the fix has been announced mine will likely be next.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Paul, what fuel are you going to run in your new Golf Sportwagon?
ULSD2 with ~5% biodiesel. Keeping within VW's recommendation. Don't want to screw up the 11 year 162K mile warranty on the emissions system.