Vaccum diagram 2006 Jetta BRM engine

b1mmuo27

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 5 speed
I replaced the head on my 2006 Jetta back in February. I had mixed up the vacuum lines but almost have them back to where they belong. I have a 5 speed in my Jetta. My daughter has a 2006 Jetta TDI & it is the same other than I have a vacuum line going down the back of the engine to where I don"t know. That's why a diagram would be helpful. Thanks

N.CaTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta
The vacuum line going down the back of the engine should go to the EGR cooler to operate the valve. All 2006 TDIs should have it unless you have done a delete.

b1mmuo27

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 5 speed
Nope still have it running down the back but that's why I'm looking for the vacuum diagram.

N.CaTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta

b1mmuo27

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 5 speed
On closer look at my daughters car I see the pipe running down the back of the engine.

b1mmuo27

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 5 speed
I'm stumped. Last weekend we had both my daughters 06 jetta & my 06 jetta at my 5th wheel up north. I duplicated her vacuum routing which is the same as the diagram. All the way home, 350kms I had no issue. For the first time in 6 months since I replaced the head on my Jetta I didn't have a "screaming" sound from under the hood. I know it has been vacuum related. I went through the routing again yesterday & I might have shortened a hose here or there. I now have a slight hesitation when starting in fist gear & the occasional "screaming" is back. I checked the EGR it is moving. I am at my wits end with this car. Any ideas would greatly be appreciated.

b1mmuo27

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 5 speed
I thought i would post as it seems to have finally fixed the problem with my car & put the mileage back up where it should be. I purchased the vacuum line "harness" from the used parts vw place I go to. Checked all the lines with my vacuum pump. All good. Test drove the car & still had what I would call a turbo lag when starting from still in first gear. This lead me to look at some pictures I took when I did the head last year. One is of the vacuum hose routing sticker that is on the underside of my daughters 06 Jetta 1.9L BRM. It has the air cleaner line reversed with the egr switching valve line at the boost pressure control valve. I would post it here but I don't see how. So I reversed these two on my jetta & low & behold the hesitation in 1rst is gone. My mileage is way up too. Not sure as the hoses are of different id but I put an adapter on the smaller one & all seems good. Cant explain what is happening but it is different than the diagrams above.