Where to buy a good CAR COVER??

Schwrtz27

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Pd
I have a 2004 Jetta TDI PD and i was wondering where i could get good car cover for cheap. Has anybody bought one that might be able to give some advice?? I know they sell really cheap ones on ebay, but i dont know the durability of them. THanks a lot

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
would thisbe for storage? was going to say those 10 x 20 tents aren;t to bad of a price i don;t think

Schwrtz27

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Pd
No it wouldnt be for storage. I am at Georgia Tech and due to classes I dont drive my tdi sometimes for about 4-5 days. The parking spaces here have a lot of pine trees and hte sap gets all over the car. Just somethign i can throw on fora couple of days to preserve the paint as long as possible.

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
ah only place i know of was the vw site i think i saw it in the cataloge but being from a dealer not a cheap price

Normando

TDI
Spice Red Jetta Wagon GLS TDI TIPTRONIC
Go two Impex (http://www.worldimpex.com/) They sell bras two, Below

I cut three of these out of an old windshield cover. I am covering the area behind the VW symbol with material as well. The car heats up almost twice as fast and only up to the normal temp level, even if I am on a 150 mile straight trip.

It is all one piece, I cut a small piece off the edge of the material and stiched a border around the VW symbol just in case the material stretched.

Note there is a little air flow between the hood and the bra and a little between the bra and the plate. All four openings(vents) below the plate are left alone, you can cover these with plumbing tubing (gray or black cover for hot water lines) but I almost over heated when I did this.

That is how I solved my lack of heat issue. The dealer through in a TDI inline heater as well. They did not actually thought it in, I ordered five speed and got Tiptronic by accident. The Jetta Wagen is loaded and custom so I had to take it (free tip and inline heater 1800$ CND)

There is a 30$CND cover it looks like this

Below is a cover that also comes with the 30$ BRA from Impex (http://www.worldimpex.com/)

Last edited:

dave333

Veteran Member
TDI
Did own... None right now!
www.autoanything.com

I got a cover for my Golf from them. Cheapest on the Internet that I could find. Noah car cover, breathable, soft cover that didn't cost an arm and a leg. It's CAT protection for me...