Codes on new CPO 2014 Passat SE TDI

MattyGotaNewTDI

TDI
2014 Passat
Hello All, I'm new to the TDI world. I recently purchased a 2014 Passat TDI. A week ago I got a steering column fault warning. When I got it into the dealer they were not able to replicate and told me not to worry about it. That same night I went to get back into the car and experienced a total power failure (battery wise). The car was completely dead, I popped the hood and upon closing it the headlights came back on and the car was alive again. When I started the car I now had an ESC Stability control error and my clock had reset to 12:00AM.
Errors: Vehicle Status Steering column lock: Service Now! with the steering wheel icon next to the tac illuminated.
and
Error: stabilization control (ESC) with the steering wheel icon on the tac illuminated, the traction and tire pressure icons illuminated on the speedometer.
Has anyone experienced similar things? Any suggestions as to what might be at fault here?
Thanks,
Matthew

Radek

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
On my previous 14 Passat I had problems with the headlights as they were working whenever they wanted to and nobody could figure out why but nothing extreme as yours

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

MattyGotaNewTDI

TDI
2014 Passat
Update: the ground was loose �� ugh, still don’t know what was causing the original steering column error though.

franky67

TDI
2013 Passat TDI Se
I am not aware of the issue. However since it is CPO, I would take it to any VW dealer. I bought my car almost a year ago and put nearly 20.000 miles.
Took it to dealer for some issues and always covered either by CPO warranty or extended emissions warranty. They provided loaner most of the time. So if you have time let them figure out!

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
A lot of modules can throw odd codes in a power loss or low voltage condition (which you obviously had). So, either off to the dealer or (and this what I would do) reset all codes with the cable secure and see if anything comes back. My bet is that it will not . . .