Finally got the rims and suspension done

jhuroleye

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf GLS TDI MKIV
like it a lot! wish the body of my car was as nice as yours!

MRFire

TDI
2000 Golf 4door
what suspension did you choose? I'm looking for a similar drop.

jhuroleye

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf GLS TDI MKIV
lol just look closely at mine... it has some major dents... the hood is speckled white from stone chips... actually more like the previous owner drove into a dumping gravel truck... and theres spots everywhere someone tried to touch up (with a non-matching color)... lol thats why your body appears way better...lol

Masonjar

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon GL
what suspension did you choose? I'm looking for a similar drop.
Agree - Detailed list please! ;)

Since I'll have to keep the Wagon rather utilitarian for now, hoping to play a bit with the Golf... :D

Andrew

Geobmx4life

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf Malone tuned VNT 17, FMIC
I went simple and cheap...Raceland Ultimo's...the wheels are OEM Huff's, offset et51, adaptors are 30mm rear, 20mm front. The coil overs are almost all the way up in the rear...12.5 inches from the edge of where the center cap goes, or 24.5 inchs from the ground to the fender...tires are 225 40R 18's.
I'm planning to go air in the spring, thats why I went cheap...BTW the Ultimo's are incredible for the price, and I would recommend them for any MKIV!

Geobmx4life

Veteran Member
TDI
Not really, way stiffer than stock, took a bit of trial and error to find the right height, as I don't want to remove my fender liners. The ride is stiff enough to corner remarkably, but also notice every little crack in the road. I also haven't seen a MPG decrease with the wider wheels.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
Talk about quite the transformation over the last 3 years since you posted in your thread. Car looks really nice with the R32 front end.

Did the front bumper grilles get installed after the pictures were taken?

Geobmx4life

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks, its been a fun build...and yes I put them in after the photos were taken. The bumper cover was the biggest challenge, bodywork and paint.

Last edited: