Goodbye Gang!

Black11TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI (Gone But not Forgotten), 2013 Tiguan SE 4 Motion
First off I want to say what a wonderful group of people everyone is here and I really learned a lot from you. I hope I was at least some point helpful as well.

I went in to my Dealer to activate my 2 $500 gift cards today, while doing so, A friend that's a sales person motioned at me and we started talking about possibly trading off my Beloved TDI, just lets run some numbers, using the $1000 as a down payment.. he asked wheat I wanted..A Tiguan 4 Motion, automatic, and loaded as possible.. They actually wanted to do some dealing since they had finally were able to sell Tiguan's again now with their clock spring recall issue settled..

I am now the proud driver, since the bank owns it..lol of a 2012 Tiguan 4Motion SE 2. 29k miles, not a CPO rig because it has Factory warranty left, and Ill buy extended before it runs out. It has everything my TDI had, and more.. Not a tech package but I have leather, no nav, or Bi Xenons, the RDC-510 Ver 2 with HD radio. Wild Cherry Metallic, Corn Silk Interior.

With my degrading health I needed something easier to get in and out of and a bit more room, and possibly able to tow with it.. and its a lot better riding even with 235/50R18 tires..it does not pound my kidneys and back as hard..

I will miss the TDI Fuel Mileage, but as much local running around, short trips, and what not, I wasn't doing the Diesel any favors..

I am unable to say what I paid for the Tiguan, but I got it well south of book, they really helped me into exactly what I wanted..So much more I can do now with this, and rekindle my old photography hobby and it has the Off Road Package, so I can get back to places I havent been in ages. and with the 4WD i dint have to worry about the passes in the winter..

Enjoy, feel free to message me anytime if one of my old posts brings anything up..

S2000_guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Sportwagen TDI
Congratulations on your purchase. May it serve you well for many years.

elitegunslinger

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI :D
You dirty cheese eating rat, should have waited; next 30-90 days will determine what VW does in the US. Could involve potentially buying cars out at list price and then some.

Kidding about the rat part, nice ride.

Black11TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Taking that chance Elite, i got a really decent trade in price.. Well over Book trade in, so hopefully we will see.. I did mention that I was taking a gamble, but they said they highly doubted if a buyback would happen, but hopefully since I trust the dealer I will not go down.. Sadly with what I owed it even with a full list buyout it would only be a few grand either way..

elitegunslinger

Veteran Member
TDI
Taking that chance Elite, i got a really decent trade in price.. Well over Book trade in, so hopefully we will see.. I did mention that I was taking a gamble, but they said they highly doubted if a buyback would happen, but hopefully since I trust the dealer I will not go down.. Sadly with what I owed it even with a full list buyout it would only be a few grand either way..
If there is a buyout... I'm going to: Golf R, Stage 1, Party :cool:

If there isn't a buyout, I'll still enjoy whatever compensation; I figure no car payment is the best kind of car :D

Going to tune it?

Black11TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Tune will be done with what I am getting back from cancelling the TDIs GAP insurance, and Extended Warranty, APR makes a great tune, its spunky enough now, but im looking at the tune to hopefully crack the 30 mpgs I hear people are getting after tune. not going too crazy with this one, just gonna drive it, keep my eyes on the Cam Follower and take it in at 40k for the intake cleaning.. Mud Flaps and another set of window deflectors and Window Tint will be done with Tax Return.. most likely everything Ill do to it, unless I put the APR CAI on it.. If my back wasn't so messed up, and getting hard to climb out of the GOLF, the R would be my choice as well.

I was told I would still be eligible for a partial compensation if it happens, since I owned it during the recall, so who knows..

roadlust

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 golf gl reflex silver (sold) 2013 TDI 2 door Golf Blue Graphite Metallic 6MT Premium Package.
Good for you and hope it serves you well!

elitegunslinger

Veteran Member
TDI
Tune will be done with what I am getting back from cancelling the TDIs GAP insurance, and Extended Warranty, APR makes a great tune, its spunky enough now, but im looking at the tune to hopefully crack the 30 mpgs I hear people are getting after tune. not going too crazy with this one, just gonna drive it, keep my eyes on the Cam Follower and take it in at 40k for the intake cleaning.. Mud Flaps and another set of window deflectors and Window Tint will be done with Tax Return.. most likely everything Ill do to it, unless I put the APR CAI on it.. If my back wasn't so messed up, and getting hard to climb out of the GOLF, the R would be my choice as well.

I was told I would still be eligible for a partial compensation if it happens, since I owned it during the recall, so who knows..

Nice! Hopefully that's the case, free money is always awesome.

amstel78

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI [buyback completed 14/1/2017] 2006 S65 AMG
You gotta do what you gotta do. Congrats on the new ride!

gloaming

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf 6MT CR170 (Sold); 2004 R32 (not a TDI)
You dirty cheese eating rat, should have waited; next 30-90 days will determine what VW does in the US. Could involve potentially buying cars out at list price and then some.

Kidding about the rat part, nice ride.
No way in hell is a buy back at full price happening. It would cost them well over $12 Billion

Black11TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Did my first trip over the mountains today with Iggy, 2 up, and luggage and my roller walker loaded up. Nice comfortable, quiet ride, and didn't feel like my giblets got pounded to death.. was hard seeing 27 Mpg average after seeing 42-46 with the TDI..

Why they cant put the sound deadening package that this has on the Golf is beyond me.. 3" insulation on the fender liers, deadening on the fire walls, and thick carpet padding..

Who knows, may find a wrecked mkvi TDI and TDI swap it...LOL

Fist time im actually not worried its dirty...LOL

Merry Christmas Everyone

Last edited:

elitegunslinger

Veteran Member
TDI
No way in hell is a buy back at full price happening. It would cost them well over $12 Billion
I think it depends on how the EPA wants to fine them; I can imagine if they leave our cars on the road without repair they'll continue to accrue fines, maybe the fines will be less than a full price buyout but over a long enough timeline I can imagine it wouldn't be.

However if they offered a 1:1 (or an uber discount) swap on a Golf R I'd jump at that, that's the only deal I'd take to get me out of my ride. They could give me more compensation but I won't modify my software or add an emission system back to my car (all compensation will be used to extend the life of my vehicle).

Regardless, this car will hit 500k+ before I get rid of it unless they can entice me to do otherwise.

seth1065

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW with DSG, Panoroof, rear air bags and the always fun velcro blocks, Blue with beige int
congrats on the new car, hope it works for you , it seems you and the dealer worked together and you got a deal that made you happy. enjoy those 18 in wheels but man they will not be cheap to replace.

Full buy back is just a wet dream , maybe a enhanced trade in and 10% worth over KBB before aug1 w plus or minus for mileage is about the best anyone could expect.

Black11TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Seth, they are not too bad, 18x7 New York, about $250 MSRP at the dealer..I went back to the Dealer that got me into VWs to begin with even dealt with the sames sales guy.

They are even taking care of me post sale, when I was installing the splash guards, I found the Passenger headlight, fender, front bumper, lower grill, inner duct, had all be replaced earlier this year. 2015 Date code o the Headlight sticker. Also noticed for 30k miles not a single rock chip on the bumper.. Being out of Colorado, I would expect a bit of road rash.. Simple email and they took immediate concern since even they had no record of it, nor has the Carfax. Who ever did it did a excellent job repairing it, and we are guessing either damaged in transit, or backed into at the VW lease Auction lot in California.

They are sending me a check to cover the mudflaps, and the few parts I found that were missed during the repair. the Bracket for the ambient sensor is broken, and the hood insulation has a clip missing. then they already are giving me my first service free, and they will do the total 40k for me at no charge..

they took good care of me when my old Jetta had a motor problem and they had the car 3 months. they actually loaned me a 2011 Tiguan SEL 4 Mo, and been wanting one ever since.

Got to play in the snow with it today, and its a great system, unlike the TDI when you started sliding in the snow the DSR kicking in and helping you steer it straight, the 4MO will absolutely not let you hardly slide at all and it smoothly straightens out, and I even tried pitching it hard but the lack of an actual E Brake lever it wasn't too fun to use the emergency feature, at 3-7 mph lift up on the switch and it will lock all 4 brakes down hard! LOL I had to leave, since it was a public lot, didnt want to attract a local officer, but I left some interesting tire marks..

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
They have on the Mk VII. My new '16 Golf TSI is probably the quietest car I've ever owned.
I have a new car itch because a local used car dealer has a '15 Golf TDI SEL I took for a couple test drives. After obfuscation by the dealer, I found out it had been wrecked on day 2 of ownership, with airbags deployed. :mad: But that was one sweet car. Tight body, and quiet. Great Fender audio system. Sport Comfort seats that were awesome.

I have the itch now for a Mk7. Just trying to decide between a GTI (really like the black headliner/pillars, and 2-door option), or a TDI SEL Golf wagon when they become available again.

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
.......I have the itch now for a Mk7. Just trying to decide between a GTI (really like the black headliner/pillars, and 2-door option), or a TDI SEL Golf wagon when they become available again.
I took a GTI with DSG out for a romp a week after dieselgate hit. It's a rocket ship! If your commute is under 50miles round trip then it's a good option :D

You could also go for the 1.8 base engine and rock a ape stage 1 tune and have s poor man's GTI (power wise).

Also if you haven't already heard about the 1.4 you should check it out! It looks like a very good option for MPG and decent torque output as well :cool:

Last edited:

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
..........Also if you haven't already heard about the 1.4 you should check it out! It looks like a very good option for MPG and decent torque output as well :cool:

A 1.4 is good news to this sailor. Google seems to point to Europe. Be nice to see it available here.

ez

Black11TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2 weeks in and I'm still content with my upgrade. went up to my Girlfriends Uncles place out in the boonies, and has a nice long uphill driveway, he had plowed it earlier in the day so it was icy and slick. anther family member there couldn't make it up the driveway and left the car. with studs at the bottom. I made it up with ease, even stopping once to see if I could get started again, once the Haldex sorted out what tire to use i chugged the rest of the way up with out problem.

I have been driving in the snow and Ice for a week and a half now. in drifts a foot plus and even with the crappy Kuhmos it seems to do good in deeper stuff..will have a decent set of AS/AT Duellers on it before next winter if it hits hard loke this again, that would even make it more fun. SO far ive been getting 25-28 mpgs, cant argue..

Definitely getting it tuned to dd that 60 ft lbs of torque it could really use it, the Tiptronic is a bit finicky, it likes to shift alot, and keeps wanting to toss in into 6th at 30-35 lugging the motor bit. and I keep grabbing for my DSG Paddles which I really miss..

My only complaints so far after 2 weeks is the lack of foot well Lights, and the rear hatch is terribly lit, all will be fixed and addressed soon. getting the 4 foot well light kit from Bold Sport, 2 up in the under dash brackets, and 2 more in the cargo area, one opposite the other one and one that i will wire to a switch so when the false floor is raised i have light to see everything I have stored under the floor..

And the other is driving in the snow and ice, even with the mudflaps, the lower door cladding tends to build up snow and ice along the bottom edge, so if you are out in it and park in a garage, and open the door this mass of slush falls off the door when you open it, or hangs there off the lower lip and seal..

I have also heard rumors of a Tiptronic Transmission tune that APR might be doing checking into it..

Hope everyone is doing good! Take Care!

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
I've been wondering when VW would refresh the Tiguan. 2016 is its 8th year. 5 is more typical for VW. VW's styling seems to hold up longer since it's fairly 'clean' styling, but the Tiguan is getting a little long in the tooth, and is a little small in the hatch. Now I finally see a new preview of the 2017 refresh. Looks like it's taken some styling cues from the CrossBlue.

http://www.edmunds.com/volkswagen/tiguan/2017/

sapgar

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI 6MT
I've been wondering when VW would refresh the Tiguan. 2016 is its 8th year. 5 is more typical for VW. VW's styling seems to hold up longer since it's fairly 'clean' styling, but the Tiguan is getting a little long in the tooth, and is a little small in the hatch. Now I finally see a new preview of the 2017 refresh. Looks like it's taken some styling cues from the CrossBlue.

http://www.edmunds.com/volkswagen/tiguan/2017/

If they develop a TDI option for the 2017 Tiguan or get the TSI FE on par with the CX5 or Tuscon, I'll probably go from my wagon to Tiguan when the MQB version comes out in 2017

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black11TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Holy Epic Thread revival Batman!

Hey guys, can't believe it's been 3 years already. Hope you guys are well and still kicking. Been an off and on few years and I'm actually on Tiguan #2. I thought I had updated but Tiguan #1 went back after the trip. I took it to the carwash to wash the road salt off and it took the paint off the drivers side. Lol found out it had been totalled and it should of never been sold. So actually I got even a better deal. 2013 4mo SE with only 26k at the time. Just hit 55k this week. Keeping the miles off this one. Lol. Still crazy at the mods and having fun. Still alive and kicking. Take care and happy holidays.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Now that's customer loyalty, dealer sold you an out right lemon (I smelled fish when saying it wasn't CPO but still under factory warranty) then you bought a replacement from them as well.

BTW if you had taken the BB VW came out with you'd probably be driving a 15 or 16 Tiguan, at least your enjoying your ride.