Removing front head light assembly

ExtremeMachine476

TDI
2010 Volkswagen Golf
Hello everyone,

I need to remove the front headlights on my 2010 Volkswagen Golf TDI. Not the headlight bulbs but the headlight assembly. Anyone got a few pointers or a DIY guide before I start adventuring my way. I read on a few posts that the front bumper needs to come off. Haha thats gonna be fun... So if anyone has got a few do's or don't they would be helpful and welcome.

Thank you
Nick Marcogliese

aenea

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
I just did this. You have to remove the center grill - it's held on with about four screws. Once the center grill is removed you can see two screws that attach the bumper to the center of the car - remove them. Then remove the bumper screws from the wheel wells - I think there were four or five on each side. With the wheel well screws and top center screws out, you can pull the bumper away from the lights.

The lights are held in with four screws - three on top of the light and one behind, they also slot into two tabs on the bottom on the bottom of the light.

Hello everyone,

I need to remove the front headlights on my 2010 Volkswagen Golf TDI. Not the headlight bulbs but the headlight assembly. Anyone got a few pointers or a DIY guide before I start adventuring my way. I read on a few posts that the front bumper needs to come off. Haha thats gonna be fun... So if anyone has got a few do's or don't they would be helpful and welcome.

Thank you
Nick Marcogliese

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
Slightly off topic....

At Thanksgiving I went out to dinner with my parents. There was some issue with one turn or marker lamp, so my dad popped the hood on his 2003 Olds Intrigue, went to the driver's headlight, pulled 2 retainer pins, and viola'....he had the whole headlight assembly in his hands in about 5 seconds.

That was one of the few times I've been impressed by a GM product. I removed the grill and bumper on my '00 Golf in order to replace its headlights....