Diesel music

ernald

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf
I spend a lot of time in my car. When I'm not listening to the news, I'm listening to music. I have a fairly large music collection, but, to my knowledge, only one song relating to Diesels -- Prodigy's "Diesel Power".

Here's the question (and maybe it belongs in a wider forum than the Ontario one, I'm just accustomed to posting here): Can any of you think of any other songs that reference Diesel (fuel, engines, whatever) in any way? I'd love to get a list big enough to put together a mix CD, but I don't know how likely that is.

Cheers,
n.

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
well, there is the Midnight Oil album "Diesel and Dust" on which there is one song where Peter Garrett sings about diesel and dust... hope this helps.

REDNECKDZL

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, 2015 Jetta, 1984 Wabbit TD, 1986 RX7 waiting on AHU swap
there that one song that sings about the 86 jetta diesel, it's on the tip of my tongue darn it.

but thats the only one i can think of that refers to a diesel, but other then that there are a coupole of trucker songs

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Song lyrics!

REDNECKDZL said:
there that one song that sings about the 86 jetta diesel, it's on the tip of my tongue darn it.

but thats the only one i can think of that refers to a diesel, but other then that there are a coupole of trucker songs
Why not write your/our own lyrics? I would bet there is at least one person who can sing (or at least tried to at Karaoke once!):D

I'll start...

I need some diesel
for my car
for without it
I won't go far

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
CmdrData said:
LOL on Fred's posts!! Why don't u just edit your 1st post instead of a new one every 5mins?! LOL
that is a damned good question! Now why didn't I think of that?!

TrueMrP

TDI
Golf, 2004, Indigo Blue
There is Tom Waits. I knew about the two but I searched a lyrics file and found one more:

The Heart of Saturday Night
"SEMI SUITE"
Well you hate those diesels rolling
And those Friday nights out bowling
When he's off for a twelve hour lay over night
You wish you had a dollar
For every time he hollered
That he's leaving
And he's never coming back...

Frank's Wild Years
"Blow Wind Blow"
...cause I went a little crazy
and I sat upon a high chair
And I'm smoking like a diesel way out here
Blow wind blow - blow me away.

Rain Dogs
"9th & Hennepin"
...And the horses are coming down Violin Road
And Dutch is dead on his feet
And all the rooms they smell like diesel...

TrueMrP

TDI
Golf, 2004, Indigo Blue
Not a driving beat, but moody and I can zone out while driving. Not really big on his new stuff - a little too weird, even for me.
He's got kind of a trucker song "Big Joe and Phantom 309"
I like ZZ TOP while driving.

ProPAL

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Bora TDI GLS Black/Black & 2003 Golf TDI GLS Silver/Black
Well highly doubt any of you listen to "Drum and Bass aka Jungle aka Righter Sound" (Fabio and Grooverider BBC Radio1 2005). But there exist a DJ called Dieselboy. He might have a few tracks with that in the name.

You can always do a google search for files names with extension *.mp3 and the filename contains the word Diesel?

There are a few crazy rave tracks that have sampled the sound of a big rig driving by at highway speed blasting its horn.. Its sounds pretty cool when your blasting the track and are totally into it the tunes.

Thats my thought.

ernald

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf
Big Joe is classic, a great road song. For zoning out on the road I've been listening to Boards of Canada (If you don't know them, you should), and I recently got Iron & Wine's newest album, which is fantastic no matter where you listen to it.

Maybe this thread should branch out into 'what's good driving music' too... I'd be really curious to know what people listen to.

ernald

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf
I saw Dieselboy in London at what used to be called "The Base" some years ago (it's a "The Keg" now). I have the Dungeonmasters Guide, 6ixth Session, and Soldier's Story (probably my favourite). My tastes have always leaned towards ragga jungle though. I like my Congo Natty.

I haven't listened to that stuff in a while, but I'm going to be hanging out w/a DJ friend tonight who has a huge collection, so you may have just inspired my evening :)

n.

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ernald said:
Big Joe is classic, a great road song. For zoning out on the road I've been listening to Boards of Canada (If you don't know them, you should), and I recently got Iron & Wine's newest album, which is fantastic no matter where you listen to it.

Maybe this thread should branch out into 'what's good driving music' too... I'd be really curious to know what people listen to.
check out a previous thread earlier this year regarding favourite driving tunes.

ProPAL

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Bora TDI GLS Black/Black & 2003 Golf TDI GLS Silver/Black
I just searched Google and came up with this list containg mp3's with the word diesel. Some are not our Diesel related but some tracks are pretty funny nonetheless.

I guess posting these would be trouble.

So use the same search I did!

intitle:"index.of" (mp3) diesel -html -htm -php -cf -jsp

Hey Ernald you can alwas DL mp3's from this site which has mixed sets and are not subject to all the copyright sh!t all other online music must adhear too.

themixingbowl.org

Cheers

Pete

Last edited:

je

Veteran Member
TDI
-
Dieselhum

In The Band...
Joe D'Avanzo - lead vocals Anthony D'Avanzo - guitar Ray Buck - guitar Vito Disumma - drums R.J. Shaw - bass
[SIZE=+2]Bio...[/SIZE]
Formerly Toronto Q107 homegrown winners ZuZu Petals, this five-piece changed it name to something less sweet smelling and produced six psychedelic rock songs with Andy Curran. The debut CD was released this month through Magada Records in North America, Europe and Japan.
[SIZE=+2]Discography...[/SIZE]
self-titled EP CD (1996)

http://www.canoe.ca/IndieBands/band1062.html
http://www.answers.com/topic/dieselhum-1996-album-by-dieselhum?cat=entertainment

Also
Road Hammers
http://www.cowboylyrics.com/lyrics/the-road-hammers/im-a-road-hammer-17776.html
Bridge:Another day, another town
Diesel up, and hammer down

Last edited:

diesel power

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta MKVI 2014 Jetta MKIV 2001
REDNECKDZL said:

The name of the band is Kazzer.;)