tdi pd 130 "emissions workshop problem "

b5converison

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A4 S , 2.0 PD 16v, 2060VKLR 280bhp & 550nm conservative ..
hi all

I recently did some mods to a 2000 b5 , like :
2004 tdi pd engine avf code 130 bhp
2004 audi a6 ecu 019 LM
egr blanked , egr map stopped from ecu .
ccv to a catch can and to air .

Since I installed the 019 LM I`m getting "emissions workshop " message on the display of the car it appears once and then goes away , every time I restart the car and start driving after I rev over 2000 rpm the message comes on .

There is basically no fault code related to the message tough I did some logging with vag com last night I`m going to upload the logs here so anyone can can download them to take a look .

if there is something wrong in the logs please let me know .
logs were done with 311.2n latency a bit big but still ...

Turbo unit on the car is gt1749v , I`m running stock map just egr off , no oother mods in the injection or air maps .

by the way ... how do I upload the file here coz I can`t find a way

K.I.T.T.

Veteran Member
TDI
PD75
I'm thinking this is possibly due to the EGR being removed. Is the software on the ECU completely stock? If so there's your problem - you'll have to get it coded out to stop it throwing error messages at you.

Ash :)

b5converison

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A4 S , 2.0 PD 16v, 2060VKLR 280bhp & 550nm conservative ..
I'm thinking this is possibly due to the EGR being removed. Is the software on the ECU completely stock? If so there's your problem - you'll have to get it coded out to stop it throwing error messages at you.

Ash :)
thanx for the reply .
It is been a while since I haven`t logged on this forum .. a bit busy lately

well the soft in my ecu is all modified .

there is no fault code with vag come related to the egr .

there is just this message on the dashboard ... but I think I know the problem

There is another physical fault ... basically there is the lift pump missing or more exactly to say because the ecu is a 2004 it looks for the lift pump in the fuel tank which the early models don`t have and that might be the problem .

there is as well the engine management light coming up because of the lift pump , but sometimes the light doesn`t come up when I start the car ... so when the engine management light is off the emissions workshop message doesn`t come up as well ... so the message is related to that somehow .

Somewhere I have read that I can do something with the fuel lift pump relay so the ecu will think the pump is there and it is ok .

regards Vlad