Posts, Posts per day

MrErlo

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf 4dr 5sp
what happened to these stats when you view a users profile? this probably gets back to the newbie, member, veteran designation... but i just like to know how often people post. in fact, i'd like to see life time posts listed under the user name and status for each post.

Golf87

TDI
2001 Golf TDI
I would have to agree... I would love to know how many posts peope have made. That might help give some of those long time contributors even more credibility.

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
Maybe they took that away because it was giving credibility to people just because of their post count. I have way too many posts and I have never laid my hand on a timing belt change as well as almost all other aspects of maintenance.

But when a person is in the single digits and posting things for sale, I have found it helpful.

I'm ambivilant about it either way.

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
I was wondering when you were going to post in this thread. :p

I saw no problem with the postcount, but if it has to go... is there a way to turn it on for members who aren't Veterans? That way, we could see just how new they are...

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
Just look at past posts. If it says "Showing results 1 to 25 of 1500", they have lots of posts.

bam_bam_dip

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta TDI GL
So what's the deal, only showing the last 1500. What if we need to see more. Hell, toof and whitey prolly have that many in the last 3 months. JK.....

Stirer

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2003 Platinum Gray GLS
See Eric, that'll teach you.

By the way, hows the car running with the clean intake and the new nozzles?

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
Three and a half months, thank you very much. :p

There's some search kung-fu that you can do to see older posts, FWIW.

MrErlo

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf 4dr 5sp
best ever

Stirer said:
By the way, hows the car running with the clean intake and the new nozzles?
amazing. it's like a totally different car. before, i couldn't get it to push past 3k RPM for some reason. on my way home that saturday night, i was cruising at 70mph and pushed the Go! pedal all the way down... jumped to 110mph with out blinking. i totally owe you guys. my friend and i are planning on taking the newly upgraded TDI down to World of Fun in a few weeks, i should take all the guys who worked on my car out for drinks.

thanks again.

DavidG

Veteran Member
TDI
None now
Any word on where they went? Can we get them back?
It's nice sometime to look. Mostly to see how obsessed some of us around here.
However, the post count doesn't really have any thing to do with experience. I've seen some "newbies" contribute very nicely. Conversely I've seen "Veterans" spew crap.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Believe it or not,

Displaying of the total post count had been a controversial issue in the past.

Remember: frequency of posting is inversely correlated to the quality

MrErlo

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf 4dr 5sp
DavidG said:
I've seen "Veterans" spew crap.
[busting your balls]
i hope you're refering to Audi5k
[/busting your balls]

and DD, some of us are just bored at work, that's why we post every 10 mins. don't tell my boss.

DavidG

Veteran Member
TDI
None now
MrErlo said:
[busting your balls]
i hope you're referring to Audi5k
[/busting your balls]
I don't like to sling mud:D . I like to stay neutral like Switzerland.
But *even*Audi5000 has things to offer. He got lots of warranty information.

MrErlo said:
and DD, some of us are just bored at work, that's why we post every 10 mins. don't tell my boss.
Fortunately I am the boss! I just hope my employees don't catch me:eek:.

MrErlo

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf 4dr 5sp
DavidG said:
I don't like to sling mud
everyone knows i value Audi5k's stuff just as much as everyone else's. just that i gotta bust his balls some when he dogs on BioD.

DavidG

Veteran Member
TDI
None now
He uses it him self. And I'm sure in more than 5%.
I think he is an honest guy that doesn't want any one to "cheat" VW's warranty with Bio.
[ball busting] However I don't think that he need to cry out all the time. It sometimes sound like a broken record.[/ball busting]

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
I was going to ask the same question, was just too lazy. I noticed it right away cuz I was looking at how many useless posts toof had and how many dieseldorf had. then a like an hour later I was looking at someones profile and the count was gone. I was like ***? So yea, can we get them back?

tmleadr03

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta
What is the break down for newbie to veteran member. I havent posted all that much since I came here yet I am already a veteran member.

DavidG

Veteran Member
TDI
None now
tmleadr03 said:
What is the break down for newbie to veteran member. I havent posted all that much since I came here yet I am already a veteran member.
Looks like you just made it. I looked at your posted threads and it says you have 106. I think 100 posts is when you become a "veteran".