new leftover 2015 Passat SE TDI...value?

hangman

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta Sportwagen
Hey folks,

I bought a 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI which I have no regrets about buying.
I have ebjoyes the car as well as @50 mpg highway fuel economy.

My girlfriend needs a new car after totaling her car yesterday hitting a deer.

I have a lead on a brand new leftover 2015 Passat SE TDI. It has the navigation, sunroof, had the emissions modifications. Its currently in the dealer showroom. He said they changed all the fluids, replaced the brakes and tires, and battery since its been sitting on a lot somewhere before they cleaned it up and put it in the showroom.

The original sticker price on the car was $32,240

Since its a 2015 new leftover which was modified Id like to know what price would be considered a good deal for her?

Thanks for any help on this.

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
Considering that it's basically new, don't expect to get too much of a deal . . .

- Tim

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
See if they still have any incentives for the "new" TDI. Last year when they first started selling the new fixed '15's, they had 0% for 72 months and a $5,000 rebate. Not sure if either of those offers are still on the table or not......

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
Given it's a 2015, it could've been built anytime in 2014... if that's the case, I have no idea how you would even value a potentially 4 year old "brand new" car... I didn't even think there was any "new" 2015's left on the lots...in Canada they're all gone from what I know

BrentRN

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to have many. Now a Golf TSI.
This is my big question about buying a refurbished TDI. They are charging what a lot of new cars cost for a 3 to 4 year old car, many with lots of miles on the odometer. I wonder what you would get from insurance if it was totaled within a year of purchase?

hangman

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta Sportwagen
This is my big question about buying a refurbished TDI. They are charging what a lot of new cars cost for a 3 to 4 year old car, many with lots of miles on the odometer. I wonder what you would get from insurance if it was totaled within a year of purchase?

As far as I know there are no miles on this 2015 Passat SE. Perhaps a few miles moving it around the dealership.

Has anyone else bought a brand new 2015 TDI Passat SE for less than $24,000? If they have I’d like to know.

A friend of mine has a friend who works for a Volkswagen dealer elsewhere. He said that that is about the rock-bottom price I’m going to find on a vehicle with a $32,240MSRP

I understand that it’s a vehicle that’s a few years old. It’s in the show room because it’s in perfect condition.

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Jetta TDI Premium manual "gone"
I think it's value is about $21K. $27-$28K is how I'd expect the dealership to price it.

Knowing that my fondness for diesel vehicles is not shared by all (my wife is certain I have an affliction) I'd be recommending not this vehicle to anyone who is not a diesel fanatic.

giuseppe_b

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SportWagen SE 6MT
This is a good point. Also, Unless you will really just love having a diesel, or need it for the benefits it offers to commuters, you could get a new Passat for pretty close to what this one would be discounted as, and it has much newer tech and features.

regulator26

TDI
2012 Passat TDI
hangman,
don't waste your time at Huntington VW. They are idiots and want close to MSRP. They have a 16 Touareg TDI w/MSRP of $59k and will give $2-3k off. I just bought the same truck for $44,250 in PA. Screw those idiots.

itsmejerry

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI Nav, 2015 Passat SE TDI, 2015 Beetle Convertible TDI, 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI All Phase 2 Emission Modified complete. 50 State Legal Diesel!
I bought 3 "new" 2015's this past May 2017, and a used one in last week with 837 miles on it that was owned by VW Fleet and registered in Chattanooga, TN. (where the Passat Plant is). The latter being purchased by Donahoo Motors in Pelham, AL. ( I am not affiliated with them)

My new ones qualified for the $6500 off with 72 months at 0% financing offer, or the $8500 off and a 2 year lease. I'm not sure that is still a viable offer with VW Credit.

My used one 2015 (Nav package with push button start) was priced at $19,000 which I purchased 2 weeks ago.

I bought my used one from Donahoo Motors in Pelham, AL, (Birmingham area)_who have a no-haggle, set price policy. The prices pretty much match KBB value, and their trade-in values pretty much mirror the KBB Trade in value as well.

They show a 2015 Passat TDI SEL PREMIUM with less than 735 miles for less than 24k.
Might be worth a look. I've had very good success with them, as I've purchased my In-laws car and one of mine there.
Give them a try.
2015 Passat TDI Specific Page:

https://www.donohooauto.com/used-in...acted=inventory-listing1-facet-anchor-model-3

Last edited: