Question on CD-Changer

DieselDriver2003

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 New Beetle GLS 5spd
Hi,

I recently sold my 2001 Passat Wagon for a Jetta TDI and kept the 6-CD changer thinking that I could use it on the Jetta. Turns out that the Jetta has a different connector for the changer. Does anyone know if the changer is compatible? If so, anyone know where I can buy an adaptor or different harness for the Jetta?

Thanks,
Peter

TDI eddie

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2004, Grey
What brand cd changer did you keep? Did you remove the dummy plug. After you take it out of the holder you can un-plug it and install your connector. I got a Peripheral adaptor (Part number VWPIL6A) from Sound City w/the Panasonic CXDP610 6 disc changer. I used the two screws that you take out to remove the filer plate to install the cd changer to mount the VW brackets and used two of the screws from the cd changer to bolt the brackets in place. Then re-installed the 12 pin Molex connector back into the holder and snaped the cover back on. It's very simple to do now that I have found all the part numbers and put one in. I have a 2001 Jetta w/Monsoon.

DieselDriver2003

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 New Beetle GLS 5spd
Hi,

Thanks for the detailed reply. I have a factory VW 6 CD CD-changer. Would I be able to use this changer with my Jetta using an adapter?

Thanks,
Peter

TDI eddie

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2004, Grey
You need to pull out the female 12-pin connector from the bracket. Once you pull out the connector from the adapter there is plenty of wire to work with. That female 12-pin connector that you see in the bracket is a dummy cover or spacer over the real connector. The pins will not make contact with the spacer. Did you take the dummy plug already and your still having problems?