04 cruise switch interchange

laminated

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Sportwagen
I want to add cruise to my 04,and wonder if anyone knows what years will fit the 04?thanks

focalBlur

TDI
2005.5 Jetta(2.5 Gas)
In the USA, yes all cars had cruse but everywhere else in the world its an option

as for the orginal question I have no idea

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
Ok, for the sake of discussion let's say your North American 2004 Jetta TDI doesn't have Cruise Control.

You will need to add:

1)A new turn signal stalk with the controls(same for all model years)

2)Wiring from the stalk(including the connector) to the ECU via T10E(orange connector) in the water-tight box under the wiper motor. If the wires from T10E to the ECU don't exist, you'll need to add these as well.

You will also need to activate the ECU with a code using Vag-com. Go to www.ross-tech.com to find the activating procedure code.

Muggins

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf GL 4dr 5spd
They all have cruise control. If my '02 GL with zero options has cruise, they all have cruise.

TheCheat

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 jetta tdi 5m (227k), 04 jetta wagon 5m (293k)
Correction, he could be talking about a New Beetle, in which case the GL's don't have cruise. It'd help to know what model we're talking about, because I know in the US, the NB is the only model that doesn't have cruise on the GL.

Muggins

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf GL 4dr 5spd
Correction, he could be talking about a New Beetle, in which case the GL's don't have cruise. It'd help to know what model we're talking about, because I know in the US, the NB is the only model that doesn't have cruise on the GL.
I just checked VW's website and the Beetle GL has speed control. It's not optional.

laminated

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Sportwagen
it was an option but you need the stalk a couple of relays and the code done..I found out after I drove it home that it wasn't on the car..So I'm looking into the parts ,praying the harness is installed already in the column

Muggins

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf GL 4dr 5spd
I just got off the phone with a VW dealer salesman. They say every VW Beetle sold in Canada has cruise. In addition, they only have GLSs, which have heated seats, mirror, etc.

How could it not have cruise?