New Navi Version for Mark IV???

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
Not yet - fuel is too cheap! - 3.2 VR6 R32
A new thread has popped up on the German Navi Forum.
Some guy reports that he has seen a new Navi for the Golf IV.

And I quote:

"Hallo Leute, habe gestern ein Navi gesehen bei einem Golf4 Baujahr2005.
Es hat ja geheissen, das die G Version die neuste ist. Ist aber nicht so, denn bei den neusten Golf4 Modellen gibt es schon die neue A Version. Habe mich da erkundigt und die Teilenummer ist so 3B0 057 191 G A
Also nach dem G kommt gleich nochmal ein A.

Hat das von euch schon einer gewußt?
Ich selber habe es auch nicht gewusst. Das Menü und so ist auch ganz anders als von den bisherigen."

Which (sort of:rolleyes: ) means:

" Hello people. Yesterday I have seen a Navi in Golf4 Build year 2005.
One has said that it is the newest Version G. However, is not in such a way, because with the newest Golf4 to models there is already new A version. Has inquired me there and the part number is 3B0 057 191 G A
Thus after G comes immediately over again A.
Has that known about you already one?
I myself have also not known it. The menu etc is also completely different than from the present ones. "

Yes, you could still buy a 2005 Golf IV in Germany - I thought they were only the Variants though.

And the navi part number is usually 3B0 035 191 XX

I am watching this with interest. No other info yet (or pics).

Last edited:

digifant_gli

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Wagon
Interesting - the 3BO designates that the part is engineered for the Passat platform...I'm not sure when Europe got the new Passat, but perhaps if VW kept building the B5.5 Passat longer, they might have made a final update to the firmware of the Navigation unit, hence the different part number.

Just a guess - I could be wrong...it's been known to happen before.

DucMike

Veteran Member
TDI
none
I've seen a picture of a navi from a Chinese-market MkIV that looks closer to the Touareg unit. I think the thread was up on VWNavi.com, but given the current state, there's no way for me to go link it up. Kinda cool looking, but I have no idea how well it'd work over here. Hell, I'm not even sure if there's English etc. loaded in it.

M206

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9 TDI 150cv
too bad!!:(

maybe someone with ETKA or similar software could check with the number and take a look what ETKA display out..:confused: ;)

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes, what a superb unit, what a pity it would be totally useless in the Western world.:(

Only plays region 2 (Japan) coded DVD's (or region free as well I presume)
Only has Japanese FM radio frequency range
No maps available (except Japan)
I don't think it even has a multilanguange interface (i.e English)
Japanese scrip buttons
CAN-Bus connection for dashlights, speed signal etc (I have an old skool Golf with actual wires to the radio for these (single DIN Euro Gamma)

They also play minidisks.
Also has cluster interface for directions to be shown in dashpod.

They are made by Aisin too, like the Audi RNS-E etc

I would be all over one of these like a pit bull on a poodle except they are effectively totally useless because of above.

There were a couple on German ebay a few months ago.

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
Check out this new Chinese factory satnav my friend!:)

Comes in 2010 Passat New Lingyu. The part number is 3BD 035 191 B:

There is a matching Climatronic display in silver as well. I know the climatronic is similar internally to the later 3BG Passat version with mainly CANBUS connections for functions.

There are a couple of shots of the unit in this road test video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M_GGnUHO9w

Love the cow grazing on the "test track" :D

If you look carefully during the video it shows a bluetooth control unit mounted up on the roof above the rear view mirror that looks like the old On Star module.

I like the skidding car symbol on the ESP switch too. I'm hoping Mexico install ESP on the old Jetta GLi they still build today, so we might be able to upgrade our Mk IV buttons:rolleyes:

Last edited:

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
The one in the video and your photo should be 3BD 601 025F 8z8 (diamond silver colour) 7J x 16 ET45

Does not have a name but has PR-CJ0

DucMike

Veteran Member
TDI
none

I like the skidding car symbol on the ESP switch too. I'm hoping Mexico install ESP on the old Jetta GLi they still build today, so we might be able to upgrade our Mk IV buttons:rolleyes:

Not feeling that silver finish, but there is a 3BD 035 191 A listed in the ETKA for the (plain-Jane ol') Lingyu that's shown in black. No idea if it's the same unit though. I wonder if there's rotw maping available for that unit. Might be interesting...

And fingers are crossed for the updated ESP switch. Time to find that part number.

M206

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9 TDI 150cv

There is a matching Climatronic display in silver as well. I know the climatronic is similar internally to the later 3BG Passat version with mainly CANBUS connections for functions.

There are a couple of shots of the unit in this road test video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M_GGnUHO9w

Love the cow grazing on the "test track" :D

If you look carefully during the video it shows a bluetooth control unit mounted up on the roof above the rear view mirror that looks like the old On Star module.

great news my friend!!

do you think this navi could be set in english/european language (es.italian)??

and do you think that it keeps the navi indications on the fis + the info of the mp3??

who knows that we've found something really interesting!!!

Occams_Razor

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon, 2003, Reflex Silver
That would rock, (and clean up the rats nest of wiring I have behind my Navi because to the bloc to black/brown adapter), but without ROW support..... :(

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
Desay SV Automotive make other sat navs, so who knows whether it would actually work.

Maybe we could enquire direct to company. :)

ESP switch is 3BD927134A L88 (colour is "high chrome")

If you go to this link there are 374 closeup pics of the interior electronics like the optional radio and climatronic. I need a hobby :rolleyes:

http://newcar.xcar.com.cn/photo/s-1393-4/

Last edited:

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
Looks like someone is selling the silver climatronic units now:

http://www.vaglink.com/VAG/Golf_MK4_Climatronic_Panel_Silver_Face_Plate_R32_Style_Golf_MK4.htm

As far as I am aware the illumination on these is white light (not blue) and the wiring would be similar to the later Passat 3BG facelifts with a lot of CANBUS connections for the functions.

No one has ever been able to confirm to me 100% that these later units would fit in an older mk IV.

The Golfs etc use the "C" unit and the Passats have a later "J" unit

Maybe someone can confirm whether any climatronic will work in any car once you softcode it to the car?

Schumey

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 T5 2.0 TDI CAAC
Looks like someone is selling the silver climatronic units now:

http://www.vaglink.com/VAG/Golf_MK4_Climatronic_Panel_Silver_Face_Plate_R32_Style_Golf_MK4.htm

As far as I am aware the illumination on these is white light (not blue) and the wiring would be similar to the later Passat 3BG facelifts with a lot of CANBUS connections for the functions.

No one has ever been able to confirm to me 100% that these later units would fit in an older mk IV.

The Golfs etc use the "C" unit and the Passats have a later "J" unit

Maybe someone can confirm whether any climatronic will work in any car once you softcode it to the car?
I'm sorry to bump this old thread.

I'm also interested in that silver climatronic and I want to import one next month. If the illumination is white, that wouldn't be a big deal for me, because I want it white ;) The CANBUS stuff is a bigger deal... but I could still swap my original climatronic in the silver case ;)

In the German Passat Forum I found an interesting post about the Navi this thread is about.
http://www.passat3b.de/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=707554#p707554
There are also pictures of it mounted in a VW Bora and the display language in English. But no information about maps outside China.
And - There is a link to Taobao where you can buy it on detours.
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=5982502317
It costs $1180 plus import costs. So I think a Chinese aftermarket navi would be a better deal. ;)

I wonder if it's possible to make a Passat LingYu Cluster work in a MK4/B5. Full MFA/FIS cluster with white on black displays is sooo nice. Too bad that they don't come with TDI scales.

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
The latest Passat New Lingyu cluster also has a tyre pressure monitor display as well. :cool:

http://www.docin.com/p-82708895.html

I found a vagcom scan of Passat New Lingyu :rolleyes: and the CAN gateway shows as the same as Mark IV 6N0 number, so one may speculate that they use the same CAN protocol as a Mark IV still.

I have seen some aftermarket modules that integrate with this tyre monitor display on that taobao site as well.

You could also buy the parts to retrofit the whole system from VW of course

System setting works through existing MFA menu stalk. :)

The cluster should be plug and play in a 3BG Passat at least as far as I can see.

Last edited:

Schumey

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 T5 2.0 TDI CAAC
If it works in a B5 then it should work in a Mk4 too as the clusters are afair the same hardware. But I wonder about the 8 at the end of the partnumber.
The last digit is normally for the immobilizer, a 5 is Immo 2 and a 6 is Immo, so I hope the 8 is nothing we can't adapt to our cars.

Last edited:

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
Good point.

The CANBUS may be the same but they may have upgraded the IMMO to the later spec. :(

On the other hand, it may be backwards compatable like the IMMO 3 -> IMMO 2 etc :)

Last edited:

Schumey

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 T5 2.0 TDI CAAC
Sure, I must say, I don't know much about these cars, but what if they changed it to something different?
I found such a 848 E Cluster on Taobao, for $200. But with shipping and import taxes and stuff it will easy hit $300, and that's too much for me, for a part which I actually not really need plus I'm not sure if it's work with my car... if this E-MFA stuff would be cheaper, I had at least an use for the full MFA ;)

manics01

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon TDI
I'm interested in the passat Lingyu cluster, navigation and climatronic unit ... Anyone has tried adapting a Lingyu cluster? It appears it has led km/h scale rings built in so it may not be as easy in terms of swapping the gauge faces for tdi adaptation ... But they may have diesel Lingyu I assume. Also, I'd be interested in the TPMS mod, if anyone has done that too it would be interesting to learn about it. Apparently the navi unit is just plug and play and it would not need the pricey TMC box to make the steering wheel buttons work with it. Another issue is which navigation disks will work with it? I tried the links stated above in this thread and the links are either in Chinese, German or do not work. Anyone has any other info to share with us on sourcing this stuff here in the US? Thx!

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
I've given the information to John at Impex. He says these OEM manufacturers are tough to deal with. If anyone has a chance, it's John.

Keep your fingers crossed. There has to be a knock off for this version too?