• The TDIClub classifieds section is a heavily trafficked section of the forum that encompasses want-to-buy (WTB) and for-sale (FS) threads for the entire world. Due to the demanding nature and fast pace of this section, it is imperative that you know and understand the rules. It is also important to remember that this is the only parts classifieds section.

Cross-posting and posting classifieds in the regional sections (except the dedicated thread in Ontario) is not permitted.

Multiple items should be sold in one thread. Make sure to provide a description for all items in your post along with pictures and prices. If you start multiple threads with individual items, they will be locked or combined at the discretion of the moderators.

Here is a quick outline of the classifieds section rules. If you don't follow these rules, you subject yourself to thread deletion, thread combination, infractions, or posting privilege revocation.

Thread titles:
    • Put FS or WTB in your thread title. This will let other users know if you are selling or buying.
    • Briefly describe what you are selling. Thread titles have limited space. Be as descriptive, yet succinct, as possible.
    • Put your location in the title.
    • If space allows, put your price in the title

Title example (single item): "FS: 2004 Mk4/BEW cylinder head - Portland, OR - $500"
    Title example (multiple items): "FS: MK6 fog lights, front bumper, headlights, grill - Detroit, MI"
    Title example (car part-out): "FS: Mk3 Jetta parting out engine & interior - Dallas, TX"

Thread text descriptions and pictures:
    • All for-sale threads must include pictures of the items that you are selling. One picture is sufficient, but multiple pictures with different angles will help buyers. A picture is worth a thousand words. If you don't know how to post pictures on TDIClub, see this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=286691
    • All for-sale threads must include a description. We don't charge per-word, so be as descriptive as possible. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for buyers.
    • All for-sale threads must include a price. Auctions and bidding are not allowed. If you want to auction something off, use eBay.
    No picture, no price, NO SALE!

Thread maintenance/updates/bumps:
    • When you sell something, update your thread with "SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title.
    • If you have multiple items for sale, update your thread as each item has been sold. When everything has been sold, updated the thread with "ALL ITEMS SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title when all items have been sold.
    • If you bump your thread, please delete old bumps by clicking on EDIT and then deleting the old bump. This will reduce clutter in your thread and make it easier to read. It also makes you look less desperate.
    • If you drop your price, please update your first post in addition to posting the new price. If you would like the thread title changed, click on the report post icon and let a moderator know what you would like the title changed to.

Moderator intervention and infraction points:
    Moderators will be monitoring the classifieds section. If a moderator determines that you have not been following the rules listed above, corrections will be made and infraction points will be assessed to your account.

What is an infraction point? Simple - it's a system of keeping track of user behavior. A moderator can assign a point value based on the severity of the infraction, as well as an expiration date on the points assessed. If you accumulate a certain number of points, the system will auto-ban you for a predefined amount of time. The more points you accumulate, the longer your ban period will be.

One example of points is as follows: multiple threads will be combined into a single thread, with the number of infraction points assessed corresponding to the number of threads merged. If we merge four threads into one, then you will be assessed four points that expire in 30 days. When you reach five points, the system will auto-ban you for one day.*

*This is an example based on the current infraction system structure. We reserve the right to modify the infraction system at any time without notice or updates to this announcement.

Thank you for your cooperation, and good luck with your sales and searches! :)

-TDIClub Administration

WTB: tuning box or bigger injectors

devanwon

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB White
anyone have a tuning box for a 98 beetle???? or some bigger injectors like 520's or something?? pm me or email me thanks

Lino4585226

TDI
98 Jetta TDI, (dark green)
devanwon, I just got an Upsolute Power Box for my 98 Jetta TDI. WOW, what a difference, no power lag from 1st to 2nd and steady power throughout.. I got it directly from the Upsolute Director in North Carolina as I found out that I distributor in NJ was trying to make $$ on it. Also, the Upsolute chip is socketed, so you can install it yourself. I chose the PB because I can move it from one car to another.Not sure where you are located, but here's the guys info.
>>>Rene Berube
rberube@upsolute.com
>>>8125 MCalpine Drive
>>>Charlotte, NC 28217

Hope this helps,
Regards,
Lino D.

jpcherry

Veteran Member
TDI
05 J4
I might have a set of brand new, in the box, uninstalled .205 injectors (Bosch factory- not rebuilds) FS... My j4 was just in an accident and I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them as the medical bills start coming in.

devanwon

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB White
these are just factory or will they boost the power??? let me know I am still pretty new at tuning my tdi

blitzoid

Veteran Member
TDI
Blue '02 Golf GLS TDI
I'd read through the TDIFAQ and the postings on the power enhancements sections before spending a dime on injectors or a tuning box. Make sure you really know what you're doing before you take the plunge.

Lino4585226

TDI
98 Jetta TDI, (dark green)
Devanwon, I agree with blitzoid...
Here’s my two cents.. These days, a more economical approach is to replace just THE NOZZLES rather than the whole injector… Scott (AKA StealthTDI) suggests using a POWERPLUS NOZZLES available from KermaTDI rather than .205mm. His web page has great info. The POWERPLUS performance is enhanced, with 7-10% more power and 15-25% more torque over the OEM counterpart.. Cost from KermaTDI $279.95…. The cost of .205mm injectors around $600 (ouch). Autobraun.com in Canada is the only one in North America who actually stocks them…
http://www.stealthtdi.com/Performance.html
http://www.kermatdi.com/

Good Luck,

Lino D.

jpcherry

Veteran Member
TDI
05 J4
/images/graemlins/confused.gif I didn't pay $600 for my complete .205 injectors, in fact far less than that!

Patience rewards. Besides, replace the entire housing and you have the originals to which you can add new nozzles (want some .313s? I can get 'em). I have a clip of a golf running them at 2002 TDIfest

Want to spank in summer and winter? This may be the way... At least that was my thought until the joker with the beretta decided that my car needed to be modified a la his front end.

Had to add this later:
And I wholeheartedly agree with Blitzoid. make sure you know what you're getting into. Single fueling mods are fairly safe, but when you start piggybacking items, that's where you actually have to start "tuning" your car. I'm running an UP chip, always have, always will. Adding injectors or a TB on top of any chip is not always recommended. You're going to pay the price for that performance somewhere, be it with a slipping clutch; excess smoke; premature turbo failure; speeding tickets; pitted pistons; excess EGTs; overboost; de-tuned chip; reduced fueling via mapping or pump mods; etc.

There's a lot to consider once you head down the road. It's all spelled out in the FAQ, but I'm sure you've read it. I was planning for a lot before I would put the injectors in, including, but not limited to, a large FMIC, Pump mod, tougher clutch, custom turbo, remapping of the ECU, and more informative, necessary guages. The latter of which you should also consider. Not only are they essential, but they are fun to watch /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

blitzoid

Veteran Member
TDI
Blue '02 Golf GLS TDI
I'm glad everyone agrees with me so wholeheartedly.

I can't believe that anyone "needs more power ASAP". I cannot think of any reason that a car needs to be more powerful on such a tight schedule. Dragging tomorrow with that beetle? Good for you... worth screwing up the car for 1/4mi times? Not in my book. Worth wrapping the car around a pole because you're not accustomed to so much power without the extra braking to handle it? ditto. This should never be the sort of thing to consider lightly. Adding power means you should take the whole car into consideration. That includes tires, brakes, oil, and the clutch, for starters. I'd be especially concerned with the tires and the brakes. All that power isn't worth squat if you can't stop when you need to. Safety first.

Anyone can make a car go really fast in a straight line, given enough money, or recklessness. Controlling that power, and delivering effective handling at the same time is the real challenge. Ditto on having that power in a car which can double as a worry-free daily driver. If you want to engage in a pissing contest, starting with a TDI beetle isn't the best idea.

Personally, when the time comes, I think i'm going to either do injectors or the chip, but not both. I'm pretty content with the stock motor, in terms of power. Sure there are times I wish it had a little more zip, but i'll deal.

I'm thinking either a stage 1 chip from some company, which will get torque output around 190, or pp520s (the same) or maybe only pp357s (around 170.) I'd much rather have a little more power and no trouble than a lot more power and a lot of headache. If you're not going to be responsible about it, don't mod the car. If you do anyway, stay away from NYC. I don't want you driving near me. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

TDI Believer

Responsible For Global Warming
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
Other than needing a new clutch (I'm assuming yours is a 5 spd) you'll be fine with injectors and a chip as long as you don't seriously abuse the car. If you plan to dump the clutch and floor it for drag races, you'll want to invest in a Quaife. All that torque can cause some serious wheel hop. Stiffer springs and struts are a good idea too.

If you're not going to abuse it too badly, go with the chip first, the injectors next, followed shortly thereafter with a VR6 clutch. These are tough little cars. The weak spots are the clutch and the rivets on the ring gear in the differential.

Rich

devanwon

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB White
good info guys but nobody has a good deal on nozzles. I think I will go with them...anyone know anyone who can hook me up or sell me a good set of used ones. if this fails maybe anyone have a TB?? /images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

trae

Veteran Member
TDI
3 prior TDIs - '97 B4 Passat Sedan, '96 Passat B4 Wagon, 2001 NB; Current - 2013 Audi Q7 TDI Pearl White Metallic - 2014 Moto Guzzi California 1400 Touring - 1995 Moto Guzzi 1100 Sport Carb
It's not a TB or injectors but if $$ is a factor check out rocketchip.com; for $175 you can get about the same power increase as with a TB or injectors

blitzoid

Veteran Member
TDI
Blue '02 Golf GLS TDI
used nozzles aren't all that common, when people get them, they usually don't part with them afterwards. They're not all that expensive. Power mods are worth doing right, if they're going to be done at all. Don't skimp on quality for the sake of saving a few bucks, you'll pay dearly for it later. This is the engine you're talking about modding. It's kind of a vehicle-critical part, you know?