P2015 Code? Covered under warranty?

Asbury030

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Golf
Hello guys,
Well... I have a buyback 2013 golf TDI which I love! I have 2 issues, one is AC related that I will start a separate thread for that issue. As for the P2015 code (intake manifold runner position sensor/switch) what could be my issue here? I called my local dealer as I still have about 1 year left on the CPO warranty and they told me it will be a $100 + diagnostic fee if it is not covered under warranty? What do you guys think I should do? I'd rather not have to give them $$$ for nothing. It doesn't seem to be causing any issues with MPG or anything of that nature, but if its something that needs to be fixed I'd like to have it done while it's still under warranty and save me some cash.

thank you for your time

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Haha go get it fixed by warranty/CPO. Plus you have ac issue. Hit 2 birds with one stone. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeah thats what i'm thinking

As a matter of fact, my step daughter’s 2013 Jetta TDI we purchased on Feb 2020, didn’t blow super cold ac. It was cold outside so I didn’t think of it until it got warmer..... argh! Lol plus headliner damage from sunroof leak in the past so CPO will cover all that.

Where did you get car from?

I can see you are in Tampa based area. Im in Mount Dora FL. 2013 Jetta TDI from Jax. My JSW from St Augustine and 2015 Passat from Clearwater.

They screwed me with 5 years old tires on Passat. Ugh. Will never buy from that stealership again

Asbury030

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Golf
As a matter of fact, my step daughter’s 2013 Jetta TDI we purchased on Feb 2020, didn’t blow super cold ac. It was cold outside so I didn’t think of it until it got warmer..... argh! Lol plus headliner damage from sunroof leak in the past so CPO will cover all that.

Where did you get car from?

I can see you are in Tampa based area. Im in Mount Dora FL. 2013 Jetta TDI from Jax. My JSW from St Augustine and 2015 Passat from Clearwater.

They screwed me with 5 years old tires on Passat. Ugh. Will never buy from that stealership again

Yeah i'm just glad I have the warranty! I bought it in Brandon... worst experience I've ever had buying anything! NEVER AGAIN! I live in Bradenton... so I'll just take it to my local dealer here.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Yep better take it to local dealership that treats you better. They should not charge you a ridiculous price for it. She has CPO warranty plus bumper to bumper unlimited miles warranty. You will pay $50 as part of CPO for warranty to cover whole process of warranty for your car’s needs. Compared to compressor thats easy $1000 plus labor (they will try to snake you out of it but dont, you can bring your CPO book with you in case)

Asbury030

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Golf
Yep better take it to local dealership that treats you better. They should not charge you a ridiculous price for it. She has CPO warranty plus bumper to bumper unlimited miles warranty. You will pay $50 as part of CPO for warranty to cover whole process of warranty for your car’s needs. Compared to compressor thats easy $1000 plus labor (they will try to snake you out of it but dont, you can bring your CPO book with you in case)

Yeah that's exactly what I have and have my CPO book. So I wonder if itll be $50 for each problem or for both?

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
$50 per visit so it will cover both. :) my 2015 Passat had ac issue, plus sunvisor clip broke and few other things. $50 covered it due to CPO.

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)
Hello guys,
Well... I have a buyback 2013 golf TDI which I love! I have 2 issues, one is AC related that I will start a separate thread for that issue. As for the P2015 code (intake manifold runner position sensor/switch) what could be my issue here? I called my local dealer as I still have about 1 year left on the CPO warranty and they told me it will be a $100 + diagnostic fee if it is not covered under warranty? What do you guys think I should do? I'd rather not have to give them $$$ for nothing. It doesn't seem to be causing any issues with MPG or anything of that nature, but if its something that needs to be fixed I'd like to have it done while it's still under warranty and save me some cash.

thank you for your time

The intake manifold needs DOES NOT need to be replaced.

$64 USD from a trusted & tested TDIClub Vendor and about 30min of your time and the P2015 code disappears!

https://www.dieselgeek.com/products...-rail-tdi-with-aluminum-manifold-03l-129-711e

Last edited:

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes thats another way to do.

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)
That's the only way to do it unless you love giving your money to ths stealerships for parts you don't need :rolleyes:

Yes thats another way to do.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
LOL I already know about this part, the reason why I didn’t think of it is due to lack of sufficient sleep.... meh.

But, thank you so much for refreshing my memory. I believe I have one laying here that was supposed to go for my old 2011 JSW w/ 300k miles but now I have 2014 JSW, problem solved.

She is now deleted and tuned. Just put it there to be safe. 2011 was deleted and tuned but it did throw 2015 code right before delete and tune in the same day, lucky. I bought the part “just in case” :)

Asbury030

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Golf
That's the only way to do it unless you love giving your money to ths stealerships for parts you don't need :rolleyes:
In your opinion I have to figure out what is going on with my ac anyways. Since I have the warranty don't you think I should just get it covered under warranty?

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
$50 per visit so it will cover both. :) my 2015 Passat had ac issue, plus sunvisor clip broke and few other things. $50 covered it due to CPO.
If its under emission it will be 100% coverage. Yep, look over any possible issue and get them all fixed at once. One charge.
Cali, they covered your headliner? I went to battle, even appealed it w/ VW on my water stained headliner. no bueno! Since then i drive 45 minutes to a GOOD dealer. If a dealer wants to do something you have a much better chance.

I havent seen your a/c issue but the RCV in the compressor is probably the most comon. $50 cpo charge. After my repair I can freeze out a car load of 5.

Last edited:

Asbury030

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Golf
If its under emission it will be 100% coverage. Yep, look over any possible issue and get them all fixed at once. One charge.
Cali, they covered your headliner? I went to battle, even appealed it w/ VW on my water stained headliner. no bueno! Since then i drive 45 minutes to a GOOD dealer. If a dealer wants to do something you have a much better chance.

I havent seen your a/c issue but the RCV in the compressor is probably the most comon. $50 cpo charge. After my repair I can freeze out a car load of 5.
Sounds good! So far I got a fog light out, The P2015 code and the ac issue... I think that's worth $50 haha. Thank you guys for all your help. It's much appreciated!

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Sounds good! So far I got a fog light out, The P2015 code and the ac issue... I think that's worth $50 haha. Thank you guys for all your help. It's much appreciated!
The pP2015 is a worn manifold part and is covered under "emmisions" repair according to many here. That has 100% coverage.

The a/c can variety on coverage depending on issue. They VERY commonly need a RCV. replacement, that is a $50 deductible. Low freon? They can get you for diag. + labor & parts . warning! Be alert with this repair... When I took my CPO in, the first dealer said it was low charge (& it may have been?). They "charged" it and "charged" me. I questioned cost and they immediately dropped them as "customer goodwill.". (I know why now), The Outside temps were cold and I realized a day later it was blowing ambient (outside) temps. I went to another dealership who promptly confirmed a faulty RCV, repaired and this time I brought my dash thermostat... 35* air! This was the $50 deductible.

Chances are the fog light is just burn out and that would be a none covered wear item. They could nab you for shop diagnosis time. You may want to test the basics first.