Head unit recommendation for 2012 Jetta TDI with Fender sound

prwashbu

TDI
2012 Jetta
Any recommendations for an after market head unit upgrade with hands free calling, hd radio, and supports car play for a 2012 Jetta TDI with the Fender sound package?

Thank you in advance.

sandmansans

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta
Either a Kenwood ddx or excelon series receiver. Or a pioneer nex. You get apple car play. DVD multiple video input HDMI but with either you will need the car module adapter so it can link to the car such as steering wheel control etc.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

sandmansans

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta
I installed a Kenwood ddx9703s, newer version is the 9704. It's awesome. Hd radio etc. Everything you listed and more. Android auto for maps is great. Same thing as carplay and it also comes with it.

joedirt

TDI
2012 tdi jetta
I installed a Kenwood ddx9703s, newer version is the 9704. It's awesome. Hd radio etc. Everything you listed and more. Android auto for maps is great. Same thing as carplay and it also comes with it.

how hard was this to install?,..im assuming it replaced the factory fender touch screen radia that was in the car?

sandmansans

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta
how hard was this to install?,..im assuming it replaced the factory fender touch screen radia that was in the car?
Sorry should've clarified that I installed in another car

prwashbu

TDI
2012 Jetta
Took it to a local place that also recommended the Pioneer Nex line. Getting a 2500 Nex installed hopefully later this week.

Thanks.