2.5 tdi issues

wellens7

TDI
audi
Hi
Was hoping that you guys could help ,
I have a 1997 volvo 850 tdi 2.5 in my garage with the vw 5 cylinder engine . 222,000 miles
it arrived with a snapped cambelt i removed the head replaced the bent valves , new stem seals , hyd tappets replaced , new waterpump and belt kit , timed up all good , set the pump timing to the volvo marks on the pulley and pump housing .
however it wont start i have fitted a hand primer and bleed pump until the fuel came out the return so im happy its not air locked so to speak , however not a drop of diesel is coming out the distributor head . i removed the plunger from the start solenoid still nothing .
i started thinking is it immobilser as car had sat for a year or so with a flat battery , i tried locking unlocking etc etc , remove fuse 6 blah blah still no fuel , used spare key nope
people have said the timing may be out but in my head if it was ( which i dont believe it is to far away ) it should still fire some fuel out the pump to the injectors .
i have had injector pipe s tight , loose tried most things
next i was going to put a pressure gauge on the 13 mm bolt on the side of the pump body to see whether the vanes in the pre pump are stuck or the internal pressure regulator is jammed open , fingers crossed
also it does have a fault code for the fuel quantity potentiometer stored in the ecu so if i have pressure in the pump and that side is working ok maybe the control collar is allowing the pressure through the spill port ??
also measured all the voltages to the plug and seems all ok
This job is turning into a right pain and the cheap job that the customer wanted is turning in to wasted labour for us
any info would be gratefully received ,

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
when the head was off, did you measure the piston protrusion? might have bent rods!