51¢

C C

TDI
GSW
That is what's left on my VW dealer card after ordering filters and dress-up doodads. Nothing anywhere even close to 51¢ from VW, not even gumballs. Shoot, that's about a quart of diesel, good for 12 miles! Come to think of it, $500 didn't actually buy all that much stuff.

I'm not cheap, just thrifty.

Sunnyb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW
well, at least you spend most of it. I still have $450 left.

cane929

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI DSG S
Still have the $500 card, was planning on buying the service care plan 20K and 30K $169 and 40K and 50K for $719, but now i don't know if I want to take it to the dealer for service since they might perform a fix that will affect the performance without my knowledge.

Last edited:

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
go back and demand the make a sale with a split bill.

no reason they cannot take the $0.51 as part of a larger sale.

C C

TDI
GSW
go back and demand the make a sale with a split bill.

no reason they cannot take the $0.51 as part of a larger sale.
The two closest dealers are each 50 miles away and I've witnessed their dishonest business practices in both sales and service. It isn't worth the time and effort dealing with grifters. I'll give money to drunk panhandlers before those crooks.

I consider myself blessed to get what I got with no hassle, a decent discount, honest shipping price, and delivered quickly right to my door; all with so little left over on the card. A big thank you to Burlington VW Parts Vortex!

VW can keep the loose change, they'll probably need it and more before this fiasco plays out.

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
not worth the 50 cents to go very far out of the way.

HSG

TDI
2015 Golf S 6MT
Still have the $500 card, was planning on buying the service care plan 20K and 30K $169 and 40K and 50K for $719, but now i don't know if I want to take it to the dealer for service since they might perform a fix that will affect the performance without my knowledge.
Still have $450 on my dealer card. And $500 on the loyalty I am planning on buying up as many parts where shelf life doesn't matter for the next few oil changes (filters, oil, adblue, ???) and then getting service done somewhere else or do it myself. Already purchased the 20/30k and 40/50k plans but going to cancel them. Plus then I can go longer than 10k between services if needed. I wont miss the dealer servicing my car at all.

My only problem is that these cards expire in November and I have to spend all the money before then. I suppose that's a good problem to have though :p

skramer

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE 6MT
Still have $450 on my dealer card. And $500 on the loyalty I am planning on buying up as many parts where shelf life doesn't matter for the next few oil changes (filters, oil, adblue, ???) and then getting service done somewhere else or do it myself. Already purchased the 20/30k and 40/50k plans but going to cancel them. Plus then I can go longer than 10k between services if needed. I wont miss the dealer servicing my car at all.
My only problem is that these cards expire in November and I have to spend all the money before then. I suppose that's a good problem to have though :p
The debit card you can use for a money order, then put it in the bank (or however else you want it). The cost on a MO is less than $1.00 (usually .80), if you would prefer having that in your bank account

HSG

TDI
2015 Golf S 6MT
The debit card you can use for a money order, then put it in the bank (or however else you want it). The cost on a MO is less than $1.00 (usually .80), if you would prefer having that in your bank account
That's a brilliant Idea. Worth it to pay a buck to not manufacture $500 extra worth of spending by November. I'm going to the P-off today to get a money order.

CruisingWagon

TDI
2015 Golf SportWagen TDI S
Great idea but call ahead before trying it. I went to the customer service desk at our local grocer to get a money order and they said cash only.

http://www.wikihow.com/Pay-for-a-Money-Order

ZippyNH

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 JETTA TDI SE
I have ¢66 left on the Visa...
But only managed to spend $169 on prebuy on 2 services...the 20+40k ones...
Lol...it was $169 for both or $229 for the first, and similar $$ for the second...
Dealer seemed happy to have bussiness....was in and out in 2 hours. No appointment.