Working in Berlin Germany,is there any parts/upgrades to get while here

dunerking

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta TDI
Working in Berlin Germany and was curious while I’m here is there is any upgrade parts to get while here for either my 2004 VW Jetta(MKIV) TDI or our 2013 Porsche Cayenne diesel? I feel like living in North America we get altered vehicles(typically for the worse) and if I can take advantage of being over here find some of the possible better parts. Thanks for any info!

Essayon

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta Auto, Silver
Best upgrade I did to my ALH was a PD150 intake. I got mine from a user in the UK. Get the airbox cover, larger MAF, and the 90* hose before the EGR valve. The intake really makes the engine breathe better.

Last edited:

dunerking

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta TDI
Best upgrade I did to my ALH was a PD150 intake. I got mine from a user in the UK. Get the airbox cover, larger MAF, and the 90* hose before the EGR valve. The intake really makes the engine breathe better.
Thanks Essayon! I’ll definitely look around and hope to track one down. A lot of VW’s and Audi TDI’s over here as well as the other brands of diesels powered vehicles!

Last edited:

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
pd150 also has real nice pistons, worth money used over here

Andyinchville1

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, 5 sp, 226K miles

Hi

I've been thinking about doing the same upgrade did you notice any improvements in fuel mileage or power??

For what it's worth Malone tuning did a flow test on a number of manifolds and the brm manifold supposedly flowed better than the pd150 ....I have been looking for a brm manifold myself but they are harder to find than the pd150 ....

I think the d24 manifolds come from overseas as well so you might want to check that out I haven't seen any flow comparison between the d24 versus the brm versus the pd150 tho...

Andrew

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
If you can fit a double cab Transporter in your carry on luggage, I'll take a red one, TDI of course, with the proper three pedals, 4Motion, in a base trim level.

:)

skaude

TDI
7x 1.9tdi passat variant
yes, get every 130pd engine you can acquire :p, with wiring harnesses and ecus.

Some turbos are common in europe from used cars, good for 1.9 like:
gtb2260vk from audi 3l
gtc2060vz from audi 3l
gt2260vk round flange from bmw 3l f10->
CR170 turbos, like gtc1549vz
ARL turbos 1749VB, since arl was sold in europe.

if you visit scrap/partout car place, 3bar maps are EVERYWHERE. from 130pd to up.
SDI 9mm lift cams can be found for ALH tdi.

2.5TDI R5 5cyl engines have .216 injectors OEM. these can be found from volvos, transporters, and audis. 2 out of those 3 models have .216, 1 has .205, cannot remember which was which.

Last edited:

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 5spd; 05 Jeep CRD
dunerking,
I just bought an "05 Jeep Liberty CRD, (2.8l diesel). The Euro version has
a 6 spd manual transmission, only an auto offered here in the US.
I would LOVE one! Seriously! Clutch pedal etc would be wonderfull.
Should be junkyard available. I'd be willing to pay for the service!
Cheers!