FS: For parts, manual 2006 Jetta TDI Greenville, SC $300

3lettersTDI

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5 speed manual
FS: For parts, manual 2006 Jetta TDI Greenville, SC $300 - SOLD

I am not going to lie. It is really rough shape. I posted a while ago about the sunroof missing and that is still true. I had it in the garage for a while but had to move it outside and has been under a cover since. I never got to fixing it and my wife wants it gone. I need to just get it out of the driveway either by selling it or getting a scrapper to come get it. If I can get some money out of it and someone that actually cares about these cars gets it, that would be great. The manual is harder to find and it is fun to drive.
As stated before, it needs some work. If you want to read my post from 8/17 about the sunroof missing, click below. Also has of your standard info in it.
https://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=480988
Not much has changed from that. It has basically been sitting. I would occasionally take it for a spin around the neighborhood to make sure it would run but that hasn't happened since at least the summer. Fairly certain the turbo is out but not sure if is just a solenoid issue or actually broken.
I live in Greenville, SC. Pickup would be most preferred but I may be able to bring it to you for extra. I need the car gone but my wife won't let me just let it go for nothing if I can just haul it to the scrap yard for cash. I will try to get some pictures as well but the weather isn't great right now. Mainly just want to see if there is some interest over the next week and go from there. Thank you for your time and consideration. Please feel free to ask for further information in this thread or in a PM.

Last edited:

jovol

TDI
'04 Jetta Wagon BEW 5sp, '13 JSW 6sp
Hey, I live in the Asheville area and I have an 04 jetta wagon tdi manual. I'm interested in having a parts car for random things. Could you share some photos and mileage on the car? Your other thread is from 2017, has anything changed/gotten worse about the car?

Thanks,
John

3lettersTDI

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5 speed manual
John,
I will try to put some pictures together. It is isn't great shape. I know I couldn't get it to turn on the last time I tried even with a good battery. That could be a multitude of issues. Mileage is still around the 212k mark I believe and will try to confirm that as well. I do know the driver side mirror got knocked off and is just dangling.

Any specific component you are interested in?

jovol

TDI
'04 Jetta Wagon BEW 5sp, '13 JSW 6sp
There are a couple of interior pieces I'd like to replace. Does yours have grey interior? The synchro between 1-2 is shot, 2-3 is starting to show some age, so I might swap the transmission if yours is still good. I also have some dashboard rattles, I'm fairly certain related to me taking it apart to fix the blend door foam disintegrating. I broke some plastic here and there.