Mud flaps?

MichVW

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW DSG. 2011 Golf TDI 4DR 6MT
I'm not sold on the OEM splash guards and wondering if there is another option for the JSW? Any if the rally mudflats fit our cars? I'm having a hard time finding something that fits. We live off of a very sloppy dirt road and need something that protects the car.

Photos of what you're using? Suggestions?

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
Good question. I, too, live off a dirt/caliche road. It's not too bad, but after it rains, I'm finding I need to wash the car almost daily for ridesharing purposes (when I go out and do it). It also doesn't help that Candy White is a dirt/soot magnet...

vev46

TDI
2014 TDI Sportwagen

Ktmracer358

TDI
2012 golf, 2013 jetta
Most rally style mud flap companies make something for a GTI which would fit our cars. I took a full size mud flap off of a semi truck cut it into four equal pieces drilled half-inch holes and used 3/8 coolant hoses for spacers and made my own. For the front no spacers are needed but for the back you need 2 or 3 inch spacers.

Sent from my REVVL 2 PLUS using Tapatalk

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
I just installed a set of mudflaps on my recently purchased 2014 JSW TDI. Couldn't believe that VW sells only flaps for the rear, and for a ridiculous high price. Got mine from Amazon, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H4LKLTJ/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1, reasonable price for flaps all around. Was happily surprised at the quality, had some difficulty with installation, but nothing severe.
Pretty nifty looking. How was fitment on these? And is your car lowered at all? I put the sport springs from my 2010 on my 2013, so it's lowered about 1.5" or so (and the ride quality improved considerably). Sometimes I'll bottom out on my driveway coming home, even at 10-ish mph (I need to put in an order of some gravel to smooth it out).