Regen light wont go away

RAHRAH

TDI
2013 JETTA Premium TDI DSG
Hello everyone. I have had a 2013 tdi for a little over a year now. Super pleased with the car aside from that noisey dsg flywheel. Times have been tougher on me than usual and i havent been able to afford the flywheel yet. Then a CEL of p2008 and p2015 came on. Figured I may try and block the linkage myself but then the part is only $70.... just havent had it to spare or the chance to get out of the car either. Then p06c5-8. Wth maybe i do need to get out of here and make some repairs. Just didnt have the funding to throw parts away that werent going to fix things. Well guess what was to happen then. The regen light comes on hasnt went out yet. My goodness were do i start?! I havent sourced glow plugs. Do i replace all 4 or just one? Could this be an injector harness or relay issue? Would any of these fault the regen cycle as well?
I apologize for the long post and procrastination due to budgets

VicGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW Golf Wagon, 97 Golf Turbo Diesel
If the diesel fix has been done on your car, the 'fix warranty' might cover some or all of those problems ??

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
it is nit a regen light. its to say something is wrong.if you got it from a dealer and it isnt out of the emissions warrenty. bring it in. there should be a stucker on underside of hood stating date and miles of repair. the 2012+ hade 4yr 3 month 53k mile warrenty. the originial time was 4 yr 48k. if the the mil, glow olug, or dpf light is on there is no diag fee. and anything to do with the engine or emissions system is covered. Thats from turbo to the cat. so as long as your under warrenty. Its covered.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
ok, well the p2008 and p2015 has to do with the intake flap failure wich is covered. the other is cyl 1 glow plug incorrect. . that i know is covered. and the flywheel going bad... that can end up being very expensive if left untreated. I get the hard times thing. Ive been laid off for a month and will be for another month or 2. after bills i got 200 a month for food.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
ok, well the p2008 and p2015 has to do with the intake flap failure wich is covered. the other is cyl 1 glow plug incorrect. . that i know is covered. and the flywheel going bad... that can end up being very expensive if left untreated. I get the hard times thing. Ive been laid off for a month and will be for another month or 2. after bills i got 200 a month for food.
Divine is right my 11 had faulty #1 gp and was 100% covered. The flapper may be also although as I recall shorter length coverage.

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
The car will have whichever is longer 10 years or 120,000 miles from original date of sale or 4 years / 48,000 miles from emissions fix. A dealer will probably quote a diagnostic fee to start, but when the issues are found to be covered by emissions warranty, the fee goes away.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
The car will have whichever is longer 10 years or 120,000 miles from original date of sale or 4 years / 48,000 miles from emissions fix. A dealer will probably quote a diagnostic fee to start, but when the issues are found to be covered by emissions warranty, the fee goes away.
the 12 and newer cjaa for some reason have a 4 yr 3 mo 53k mile. not sure why it was extended.

PRY4SNO

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg Execline
f the the mil, glow olug, or dpf light is on there is no diag fee. and anything to do with the engine or emissions system is covered. Thats from turbo to the cat. so as long as your under warrenty. Its covered.

This is not specifically correct.

If the dealership determines that the cause of the MIL is from something they deem outside of warranty coverage, they will charge for the diagnostic.

Even if you bring the car in for one specific issue that they do cover under warranty and they find another that is not. The dealer will likely then try to charge you for the diagnostic. Even if that's the exact same time that they pull the codes that they fixed an issue for, they will try to double up on the invoice that way -- one to you and one to VW corporate. I know, because I've dealt with this already. Had to change stealerships lol.

RAHRAH

TDI
2013 JETTA Premium TDI DSG
I havent put a call into the local dealerships yet. Local to me is 75-100 miles in different directions. I have had some good experiences with the one that is 100 miles away, just not on my normal beaten path. I purchased the car a year ago, 15k miles, and now im at 99,790! It has been a great car! I bought it thru the auction from vw afterthey replaced the dpf. Since its(dpf) new, maybe they will give me some coverage and maybe even hit a recall. Theres no telling as it seems vw may treat these cars as a red headed stepchild and shew them all away. I guess we shall see.

PRY4SNO

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg Execline
In your case the easiest thing to do might be to scan for codes, and if appropriate, do a manual regeneration.

Then see where you're at with regards to going to the dealership.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
In your case the easiest thing to do might be to scan for codes, and if appropriate, do a manual regeneration.

Then see where you're at with regards to going to the dealership.
the codes are glowplug cyl 1 and intake flap fault. the glowplug may prevent a regen. but it has nothing to do with the dpf. the throttle valve housing and modile are covered. as well as glowplugs. looking at the warrenty sheet

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
also.. " Loner vehicle applicability.
The cost or provision of a loner vehicle for this warranty extension is applicable for warranty service lasting longer than 3 hours" so if it takes longer than 3 hours to fix. they must provide a free loner vehicle.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
alse states any malfunction detected by the obd system. so if you have a non trans related mil. no diag fee. so if its an engine, or fuel system related check engine light. Your covered. and if you have any problems with the dealer trying to charge you for diag when you have a light. call warrenty helpline 18663068477

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Just got back from the dealer (separate issue, our 2015 Sportwagen SEL has a seat belt latch that's defective). Spoke with the resident Dieselgate warranty expert there, and she said that essentially if the OBD system trips a CEL, as long as the failure wasn't triggered by outside influence (physical damage, rodent chewing wires, etc), she's yet to see something be denied under warranty. She said she's already seen things like glow plug harnesses, random sensors, etc. all replaced under the warranty. Pretty open ended but a nice safety net for us as owners.
Here is something from a different thread.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
here is the updated one for american cars. information from https://www.bennaford.com/volkswagen-extended-emissions-tdi-warranty-information-superior-wi.html

What Qualifies for the Limited Warranty Extension?
For the Volkswagen 2.0 L TDI engine repaired by emissions modification recall, a warranty extension is applicable as defined below.

2009 MY Jetta with engine coded CBEA
2009 MY Jetta Wagon with engine code CBEA
2010 - 2014 MY Jetta with engine code CJAA
2010 - 2014 MY Jetta Wagone with engine code CJAA
2010 - 2014 MY Golf with engine code CJAA
2010 - 2014 MY Beetle with engine code CJAA
MY Beetle Convertible with engine code CJAA

To determine if your vehicle is eligible for the "Extended Emissions Warranty" check the VIN in ElsaPro>Vehicle Data. If your vehicle qualifies, the "Enhanced Coverage" section of "Vehicle Data" will populate with the warranty extension parameters.
How Long is the Warranty Period?
The "Extended Emissions Warranty" shall be greater of:

Automatic Transmission Vehicles:
120,000 miles or 10 years (whichever occurs first) from the vehicles first original in-service date
OR
54,000 miles or 4 years and 6 months (whichever occurs first)

Manual Transmission Vehicles:
126,000 Miles or 10 years and 6 months (whiver comes first) from the vehicles first original in service date
OR
54,0000 or 4 years and 6 months.

Warranty coverage starts at the mileage date of emissions modifications or vehicle purchase. In which case, from the mileage date of the first resale transaction after the modification to the first person who in good faith purchases the vehicle for purposes other then re-sale.
What does the Warranty cover?
The "Extended Emissions Warranty" has two parts, the Emission Control System Warranty and the Engine Long Block Warranty.
Control System Warranty - Covers all components that are replaced as part of the emissions modifications and any component impacted by the effects the emissions modifications.
Engine Long Block Warranty - Covers the engine sub-assembly consisting of the assembled block, crankshaft, cylinder head, camshaft, and valve train.

Is the Emissions Warranty Transferable?
Yes! The Volkswagen extended warranty on emissions is fully transferable to within the warranty coverage period!

What Isn't Covered Under the Warranty Extension?
Damage caused by non-CARB or non-EPA certified emissions-related parts including damage caused to diagnostic parts.
Malfunction or Damage caused by outside influence. Outside influences include damage from accidents and vehicle neglect & misuse.

Last edited:

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
the 12 and newer cjaa for some reason have a 4 yr 3 mo 53k mile. not sure why it was extended.
A manual has 6 months / 6,000 more miles than a dsg, thus 4 years/48,000 for this car. I have a dsg cjaa (13 beetle). The ckra (12-14 passat) had an additional 3 months/3,000 miles added later, i have a 14 passat and the warranty extension letter.

Last edited:

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
This might help. I got this from the dealer last trip there.

Last edited:

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
ah so the dealer has an error on there site. that is view-able to the public. smart people over there. I thought i had seen somewhere an extension to both auto and stick. just going by what i saw. but treating the legal vw one as gospel. because a dealor can not infringe on it. they may try to say its denied. but corperate wont. Just have to mention laywer. and i dont see anywhere in it that misfuling can deny a claim. unless its in the manual. just keep your last fuel recipt ppl.