Alberta TDI forum members

Which extractor is best for jetta's

• Total voters

spicy_red

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI, highline, 6MT, multimedia, plat grey metallic
Looking at possible GTG in the future, also curious how many Albertans are on this list? See tons of TDI's around Edmonton, anybody here?

Rammstein

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 92 D
You should include members from adjacent provinces that would drive to a GTG.

More people equal more fun.

Here in Montreal we have weekly GTG and 3-4 bigger GTG during the year depending.

dieselgus

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Variant Black/Black
You should be able to edit the poll itself, no? Personally, I wish there were TDI GTG's somewhere within 2hrs drive of here, but taking an active interest in TDI ownership/maintenence/etc. doesen't seem to be a real strong point here in MB. There is a wee little group of us in Brandon, however, I work with two of them, and the other is a good customer at the store.... so almost every other day is like a mini GTG
. Mind you, there IS an IKEA in Edmonton..... be a good excuse to go for a drive.... it's only 13hrs driving the speed limit.....

Gus

syncroserge

TDI
91 ALH Syncro Westfalia
Hi,

I am in Lethbridge. Lots of TDIs here too. I do all maintenance, timing belt, intake cleaning on friend's
TDIs. I don't own a TDI car but working hard on shoving
one into my syncro westfalia.

I would definitely drive to Edmonton for a TDI GTG.

Serge

spicy_red

Veteran Member
TDI
most importantly...

would there be beer there?
"our drinking team has a TDI problem"....

BTW: I just can't find a way to edit the above poll, I'll set up a poll for provincial locations, sometime back I did see one that included the states but just could not find it.

Papi

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2004, Navy
I drive a ridiculous amount between Edmonton and Calgary and I've noticed that there are a lot of TDI owners around these parts. But alas most of them do not take part in this forum

We should get some decals or plate covers to advertise this site. Maybe then we'd get AB numbers up.

GTG in Ikea? Haha ... last time I went there I saw 4 TDI's parked in the same parking aisle. Now its just a matter of getting the peeps connected.

spicy_red

Veteran Member
TDI
We should get some decals or plate covers to advertise this site. Maybe then we'd get AB numbers up.

GTG in Ikea? Haha ... last time I went there I saw 4 TDI's parked in the same parking aisle. Now its just a matter of getting the peeps connected.
I have a plate cover from this site on my car. Also just printed out some of the TDI Club Cards and am carrying those around - wife thinks I'm a total geek...

Saskie

TDI
Jetta, 2003
Even though I'm not from Alberta, I'd be in for a GTG. Edmonton or Calgary would be fine for me, about an equal drive from Saskatoon

spicy_red

Veteran Member
TDI
sorry.... bump to resurrect this post...
I have been noticing more and more Edmonton TDI'ers on this forum lately!

Stampfan

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 VW Beetle GLS TDI
I'd advocate for an Alberta or Prairie forum in the Regional forum area. I don't think people in the Prairies feel they should post in the West Coast or Central forums as Alberta is neither, really.

black_jetta_dzl

TDI
Y2K Jetta GLS TDI
I would be in for Edmonchuck, would have a place to dump the wife and kids off for the day!!! last time i even got close to a GTG would have been in 2002 when TAZ drove across the country chipping people along the way, i missed the GTG but he stayed in Medicine Hat on his way back east and he did Upsolute for me in hotel parking lot at 11:30 at nite.

PapaBare

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2005, Shadow Blue
We're in for a GTG for the prairie provinces once it gets warmer out!

We have lots of space out here for campers and tenters and we are only 30Km East of Regina.

I'd advocate for an Alberta or Prairie forum in the Regional forum area. I don't think people in the Prairies feel they should post in the West Coast or Central forums as Alberta is neither, really.
We agree!

NoSmoke

Veteran Member
TDI
2K2 Golf
Judging by the location poll I'd say Calgary would be the logical spot for a GTG (it's not simply because I live here
) Calgary is also quite a central location, it being closer than Edmonton to Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, Regina, Red Deer? and most of the larger BC cities. There is/was an Ups dealer in town as well. Maybe during Stampede week would be appropriate.

PassatTDIesel

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 05 TDI Silverstone
Just throwing an idea out there, but lets organize a GTG for the car show coming up beginning of Feb.
Anyone interested in going to the bike show this weekend i'll be heading there on friday. Anyone and Everyone is welcome

Gazoo

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 GL, Red, lotsa doors
Looks like so far, Calgary would be the winning location.

How about a GTG in Canmore, in the mountains where there are hotels and camping and scenic drives, hiking, mountain biking etc etc etc etc??? Canmore is also relatively affordable compared to Banff or Jasper.

04JettaTDI

TDI
Jetta GLS, 2004, Blue
Howdy all,

Glad to see the Alberta contingent is talking, I think Spicy and I were some of the first to get the 04 PD's back in '03.

I'm in for a GTG anytime, anywhere in Alberta, the car is cheap to drive!

Time to look at putting on my Evolution aluminum skid plate I got in the group buy before Christmas, good timing too, my last trip to Calgary I whacked a ice clump at -20 and the plastic one shattered. I'be been trailing plastic for the last two weeks...

Regards,

Mike