TDI Phase 2

St.Hubbins

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf, DSG / '11 A3, DSG (both went buyback) - '15 GSW SE
Remember it's a recall, VWoA should have mailed to a notification of the recall (kinda like the takata) and then its up to you to reach out to the dealer and they will schedule you when they have parts (should have them now) and time.
that's why i asked - got the Takata notice some time ago, but have received nothing on phase 2 fix.
loving the kerma 2, so i'm in no hurry, but might as well bundle with airbag replacement. of course, they'll probably say they can't do those services on same trip, since they're, you know, a dealership.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
that's why i asked - got the Takata notice some time ago, but have received nothing on phase 2 fix.
loving the kerma 2, so i'm in no hurry, but might as well bundle with airbag replacement. of course, they'll probably say they can't do those services on same trip, since they're, you know, a dealership.

Was the '15 GSW a part of the takata recall? They may have sent you that takata for a car you owned a while ago. Either way I think VW has a online portal for open recalls and of course it didn't work for VINs for either our '15 Passat or our Alltrack, but does list 5-6 open recalls for our former '12 Passat.

http://www.vw.com/owners-recalls/

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
After phase 2 I'm getting mid 40s express way,, high 70s in city.
Such an awesome fix.
Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Yeah I get 99Mpg going downhill with my foot of the accelerator.

The ONLY way to measure mileage is fill up write down the mileage. Drive, fill up and write down gallons and mileage and do that over 10-20 tank full to get an accurate reading and divide gallons into miles.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Was the '15 GSW a part of the takata recall? They may have sent you that takata for a car you owned a while ago. Either way I think VW has a online portal for open recalls and of course it didn't work for VINs for either our '15 Passat or our Alltrack, but does list 5-6 open recalls for our former '12 Passat.

http://www.vw.com/owners-recalls/
From what I can tell, none of the Mexican assembled VWs cars were effected by the Takata airbag recall. I keep getting the notice on the Golf that we turned in but never on the JSW that we kept.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Yeah I get 99Mpg going downhill with my foot of the accelerator.

The ONLY way to measure mileage is fill up write down the mileage. Drive, fill up and write down gallons and mileage and do that over 10-20 tank full to get an accurate reading and divide gallons into miles.
After phase 2 I'm getting mid 40s express way,, high 70s in city.

Such an awesome fix.

It was a troll post.

dubStrom

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Jetta (sold), 2010 JSW (sold), 2013 Passat 6MT traded for 2014 JSW with 6MT-TOTALED in November 2016, 2003 ALH 5MT conversion (sold), wheezing 2015 GSW/DSG and a new 2021 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 p'up
Phase 2 done.

Rolled 300 miles on it.

Feels the same, same plan.

After 70k follow up and new stuff installed, delete, tune, then sell components to those who want to keep stock/OEM.

I am enjoying barely 40 mpg with "spirited" driving on Kerma 1.5 tune. I see much higher potential if I wasn't "spirited". With 32k and rising on 2015 SE DSG. Bought with Phase 1 fix in place.

I do not want to lose the performance or FE. I really do not understand the 60k mile/additional 5yr extension on warantee, whether I would get it, or if I should even care. I feel like this is a bit like a shotgun wedding. Maybe I should leave the bride at the alter (warantee). But if the new hardware (EXACTLY WHAT... new catalytic converter, is that all?) doesn't really change the engine, maybe the extension of warantee is worth the work???

BUT, I hear about alignment off after work done (lower frame removal for upgrades), and wonder just how much work I really want done on this otherwise pretty damn nice car! We rely on the mechanics that do the emissions upgrades to NOT over tighten, misalign, forget parts:eek:, spill oil:mad:, etcetera. I bought a new car for a reason; because it is new, and would not need mechanics pawing the original factory build. Some mechs are good, but it still means wrenching.

So,

Last edited:

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
That is more than likely correct. Very few phase 2's have been done as of yet from my reading. Better to look on the sticker under your hood though as the web site can lag far behind. It should say what has been done so far. There are pictures posted here of the different tags used.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Again VW info site was geared towards compensation rather the recall tracking that is phase 2. The car could have phase 2A and not phase 2B so it's not clear.

Toss the VIN at a VW dealer and they will be able to look up what's been performed as all remaining work to the car is "more recall based" than compensation based.