Mercedes Benz says Canadian Diesel Fuel Too Crappy for their Engines

S

SkyPup

"Will there be a DIESEL model in the 2001 model line-up?

No.

DIESEL models will NOT be sold in Canada for the 2001 model year. Due to the variance in the diesel fuel quality sold in Canada (cetane value, sulfur content, level of contaminants) the Mercedes-Benz direct injection diesel engines (CDI) cannot be certified to comply with Canadian emissions standards. Our plans for future offerings of diesel models depend on any Canadian legislation that will require improved diesel fuel quality, an issue that is out of our control.

http://www.mercedes-benz.ca/English/html/FAQs/faqs-corp.cfm?sections=PR#21

Ric Woodruff

BANNED, Ric went to Coventry.
Corporations lie all the time.

They are just blowing smoke (no pun intended) / making excuses.

They are just trying to blame others for their own shortcomings.

But have a nice day!

[ May 01, 2001: Message edited by: Ric Woodruff ]

Ric Woodruff

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SkyPup:
I afraid you lie more than any of them though.....
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't been caught in a lie yet!

M

mickey

Ric, you don't know what you're talking about. Sulphur content in fuel is directly related to emissions. Stay out of discussions for which you are not qualified, please.

-mickey

S

SkyPup

If it is Ric, and it involves anything automotive or diesel, then he is not qualified.

If you need instruction from removal of inner nose contaminates or outer anal clingons or necrotic foot rot fungus with evil odors or perhaps whether or not to visit a dentist every other decade, then he is really "your" man,
swing on over to the Jerry Springer forum and catch him in action and get to know him better.

Ric Woodruff

I've torn out and had rebuilt an injector pump (at reasonable cost I might add), and reinstalled it and had the engine run like a champ afterwards (and had NO fuel leaks, I might add). Done anything similar?

Just curious.

[ May 01, 2001: Message edited by: Ric Woodruff ]

colucci

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 1998 Green
I cleaned out my sink last night. That seems similar

Ric is to Relavent
as
Spark Plugs are to TDIs

D'nardo

PS. And Desi, after having to monitor Ric's posts for the last 2+ years, I have earned the right to decide if he's qualified or not!!!

PPS. 2004 and we'll start seeing the good diesels in NA!!!!