GM still confident of diesel's future

Rodmiser

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta s\DSG 2015 & 1&2 FIX
NOSTALGIA: How bad was the GM 350 diesel? ONE BIG JOKE.

KLXD

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'98, '2 Jettas
GM killed Diesels in this country.

It's only right that GM brings them back.

Not talking about trucks. Dodge saved them.

El Dobro

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Bolt EV Premier, 2023 Bolt EUV Premier
I had a 1980 Chev Wagon with the V8 diesel. Ran good for about 30,000 miles. Then the head blew up. Probably had 3 injection pumps by then too. Bad memory. :(
My friend Domo had a Delta 88 with the Olds diesel, when he worked for Mack truck. He said the first thing he did when he bought it was to add a water separator. When he had almost 150,000 on it, he found that if you complained, GM would install the improved block for something like $105. He had it done and put on another 200,000 on until he got rid of it. I guess it was just luck of the draw.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
My friend Domo had a Delta 88 with the Olds diesel, when he worked for Mack truck. He said the first thing he did when he bought it was to add a water separator. When he had almost 150,000 on it, he found that if you complained, GM would install the improved block for something like $105. He had it done and put on another 200,000 on until he got rid of it. I guess it was just luck of the draw.
I did not think (or know) of a water separator install at that time. I was working full time, had two toddlers, a new house, was in graduate school 3 nights per week and had a sick father to take care of in my spare time. I relied on the dealer changing injection pumps. So it **** the bed.

KLXD

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'98, '2 Jettas
That was 40 years ago. All of us that BOUGHT ONE THEN will be dead in another 20 years or so. All that will be left in 2035 - 2040 is the memory of Dieselgate.
So, as VW limped along with the only Diesel here after the 350 debacle GM will do the same after VW's?