2003 Jetta Wagon 6sp. FIS Malone4 VNT17 CarPlay

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Sadly, our two-person household does not have room for three cars in the driveway, so because my wife likes her Golf more than the wagon, our 2003 Jetta wagon is up for sale.

Timing belt done at 200K miles (which is when I bought it). While doing that, I also upgraded a "few" other things (see below).

I wasn't pleased with the lights, so I built up some of my own (see pics), and wired it up so I have four-bulb high-beams. And I have to say, they're even brighter/clearer than my 2015 Golf HID bi-xenon headlights.

It's a great car - has taken us on a number of I-5 road trips (6000km round-trip) with no issues. Pretty easy to get 1250km (close to 800miles) on a tank, even driving at 120km/h. Long-term average has been around 5.4L/100km (and that's usually driving 130km/h on the freeways, plus some city driving mixed in there).

• GLS model with full leather, sunroof, power windows, etc.
  • PP764 injectors (bought from frans)
  • VNT17 (bought from x-man)
  • Malone Stage 4 custom (bought directly from Mark)
  • Leather seats (note that driver side has the seemingly typical fraying / seam splitting
  • 6-speed 02M transmission (DRW code) from frans
  • FIS MFA full-height instrument cluster - wired to show outside air temp
  • Two keys/remotes
  • Remote opens/closes the windows
  • Unlocking doors unlocks hatch (and stays unlocked)
  • Bi-xenon FX-R projectors with Morimoto bulbs/ballasts retrofitted into some aftermarket housings - crazy good light output!
  • Convenience mod (tap the signal stalk and you get three blinks of the turn signal)
  • Pioneer 5000NEX CD/DVD/Nav with CarPlay (Lightning cable routed to pop out near the vents); also has USB-micro cable that I had powering an Android phone to display Torque.app on the dash above the fuse panel
  • Backup camera wired into the Pioneer
  • Steering wheel cruise and audio controls (volume, station, podcast jump fwd/bwd)
  • Winter tires on steelies; all-season tires (Michelin MX-V4, I think) on the 15" OEM rims - probably ⅓ of tread left on all-seasons)
  • Big brakes
  • Audi TT lower control arm solid bushings
  • Euro wiper arms and blades (both front and hatch)
  • Replaced driver door key with solid dud after the second break-in
  • Rewrote the instrument cluster EEPROM so coolant temp gauge is linear (you can see the diff between coolant temp of 89C and 92C)
  • Koni red shocks on the back; stock shocks up front - they look like they were replaced not too long before I got the car
  • Cup-holders near parking brake / under armrest, as well as the pop-out ones under the dash vents
  • Monster mats
  • Evolution imports aluminum skid plate
  • Audi leather-wrapped steering wheel, and....
  • 1-¼" hitch receiver along with the trailer wiring
  • AA Rodriguez armrest hinge upgrade
  • Custom headlights with bi-xenon FX-R projectors, Morimoto XB35 ballasts, and 4500K morimoto bulbs (the BEST lights I've ever had on a vehicle)

Located on Vancouver Island, but frequently (at least 2x/month) in Vancouver, so you could fly in there to pick up (which is what the guy who bought our 2001 Golf a couple years ago did).

Reference available.

SOLD

Big brake caliper (looking through the "hole" in the steel rim):

Euro/aero wipers:

Last edited:

Electrodynamic

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta/Bora TDI
Why wasn't this car for sale when I purchased my sedan? ;) Awesome car - this is my unicorn. Color, transmission, it's a wagon, headlights, black interior, turbo, tune, etc. Wow. Very nice car!

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Thanks.
Having put so much into it, there's some sadness involved in letting it go.

Last edited:

davidhertig

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon 5-speed
Excited to see what this goes for... debating letting my similar vehicle go on the market. Very nice car, GLWS!