Cargo mats: trunk shape/dimensions the same for 4 door 2013 and 2014?

TacoQuest

TDI
2014 Golf TDI (Graphite Metallic Blue)
Looking to buy a Weathertech cargo liner, but their website only goes to 2013 for Golfs. I think the answer is yes, but does anyone own a 2014 and purchased the 2010-2013 weathertech mat? Fits like a glove or is it a little off?

PFCoppinger

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
For the JSW, they didn't have the 2014 listed. I bought a '13 on the theory that nothing much changed. It didn't fit, but I don't know if that is because the design configuration changed, or because I got the wrong mat.

I called and they had a product number for the 2014, even though there was nothing on the website. Fits perfectly. I would do it the old-fashioned way, and find a phone number.

TacoQuest

TDI
Thanks for the feedback. I called them but the wait was too long. I rec'd this response via email though:

Actually, we have liners for the Golf all the way up to ’13. We have yet to come out with the parts for the ’14 however. I will include a link to our product request form, if you fill it out we will contact you as soon as those parts become available.

I think I'll hold off on the order since it's not high on my list at this point.

PFCoppinger

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
That was exactly the response I got in October to almost the exact same inquiry, except with respect to a JSW wayback cargo liner. I had no patience-- buying new stuff for a new car so need it RIGHT NOW NOW NOW!!-- so I tried to figure out if the 2014 was configured differently than a 2013.

After concluding that it was not, I ordered the 2013, so I could get it RIGHT NOW.

The packing slip showed the 2013 mat, but there was no way it would fit. Again, I have no idea if the 2013 mat was different, or if it wasn't really a 2013 mat.

There was a phone number on the packing slip for returns, so I called and told them my tale of woe, and the woman on the phone found the part # for the 2014. Looking back, it wasn't weathertech that I called, it was CarID.com-- which is a retailer for weathertech.

Anyway, the CarID website still doesn't show the 2014 year for the JSW. But there it is in the back of my car, covered in mud and dog hair.

TacoQuest

TDI
Tors,

Thank you for verifying that the ones listed on WT's website (10 to 13) fits the 14. I assumed so, but WT's people didn't want to say so until they tried it themselves. Next paycheck, I'm placing an order!

tors10

TDI
2014 Golf
Yeah, there seems to be a lot of confusion out there with/for parts suppliers. My guess is it has to do with our (USA) 2014 Golfs basically being rebranded 2013's, while the rest of the world is driving 2014 MkVII's.

Torsten