PhotoBucket is back, kind of..

thechoochlyman

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
1997 B4 Sedan
Yeah, I just use Imgur. Hopefully they won't try to pull a stunt like Photobucket did though.

I already downloaded an extension on my browser that allows me to view the blocked images. lol

belome

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed
That had to be one of the most epic failures a tech company has ever made.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Read the story for yourself. However, I suggest you learn how to use the TDI Club Photo Gallery .........

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/05/17/photobucket-image-hosting-plans/
Yes, please use the TDI Club Photo Gallery. Any company needs to find ways to generate revenue. I've used dropbox for quite a while, but it would not surprise me at all if they ask for a fee tomorrow.

Did PB really want $400?
Lately it seems every other new software install comes with cloud services of some kind. They want you to use it, they want to come to rely on it. Wonder why. Pics.TDIclub.com is the way to go.

hey_allen

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
Paywall link. :confused:

I guess that it's a JavaScript based paywall, since I didn't see anything other than the article when I followed it.

That said, I am a strong advocate for sanitized browsing any more.

NoScript, Privacy Badger, and uBlock Origin all working together under Firefox for most of my browsing...

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
I guess that it's a JavaScript based paywall, since I didn't see anything other than the article when I followed it.

That said, I am a strong advocate for sanitized browsing any more.

NoScript, Privacy Badger, and uBlock Origin all working together under Firefox for most of my browsing...
I'll have to work on that. :)

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mine: 2019 Golf R DSG, Wife's: 2015 Golf Comfortline TDI
You don't need to sign a petition when you show how you feel by leaving. I would bet their user base loss was more than .00363%.

That's kind of what I mean. Most people didn't care at all, they just left and moved on to something else.

A tiny fraction even bothered to say "Hey, I'd like to keep using this for free."

You know your business isn't going to make money when more than 99.99% of people just say "Blah, whatever, I'm gonna use teh imagr, lol."