www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You




Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas

VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas Discussions area for A5/MkV Jetta/Golf (2005/2006 PD and 2009 CR).

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old December 3rd, 2017, 18:59   #1
vrap
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Australia
Unhappy Stage 2 PD170 (GT TDI) Misfire

Hi everyone,

Thanks for adding me the forum, long time lurker, never thought I'd be here in such a panic.

I am having really annoying issues with my 2008 Golf MK5 GT Sport (BMN PD170).

I am on a Stage 2 tune by Malone and I have a misfire occurring under full load/acceleration. Sometimes it misfires a few times before continuing forwards.

A log:
http://log.malonetuning.com/chart/35...IcKDORcBAAA%3D

My injector deviations seem okay, and they were replaced maybe 3-4 years ago under the recall.

Has anyone had this before? How can I find exactly what is wrong? I tried putting a stock map back (for a little bit as it doesn't have the delete mappings) and the issue doesn't occur, however this tune is so common and I haven't seen the issues elsewhere.

EDIT: Ps. no errors in VCDS

V

Last edited by vrap; December 3rd, 2017 at 19:07.
vrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2017, 05:39   #2
nosmoketoday
Newbie
 
nosmoketoday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Norway
TDI(s): MK6 Golf GTD
Fuel Economy: 3.7l/10km
Default

Hmmm, could be boost leak somewhere between the turbo and the intake? Do a little visual inspection and look for cracks or gaps along the tubing. Boost leaks due to increased boost doesn't show that well on stock map so you might want to put the Stage 2 tune back in when/if you find a leak. Good luck!
nosmoketoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2017, 14:20   #3
vrap
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Australia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosmoketoday View Post
Hmmm, could be boost leak somewhere between the turbo and the intake? Do a little visual inspection and look for cracks or gaps along the tubing. Boost leaks due to increased boost doesn't show that well on stock map so you might want to put the Stage 2 tune back in when/if you find a leak. Good luck!
Hi mate, I am not very good at this, what is the best way to go about finding a boost leak in this car?
vrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2017, 01:25   #4
nosmoketoday
Newbie
 
nosmoketoday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Norway
TDI(s): MK6 Golf GTD
Fuel Economy: 3.7l/10km
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrap View Post
Hi mate, I am not very good at this, what is the best way to go about finding a boost leak in this car?
Hi again! I don't remember exactly how the intake tubing and piping is arranged in your engine bay but if it looks something like my MK6 GTD there is a combination of pipes and connections from the turbo via intercooler and up to the intake. On my car, the pressure side of the turbo (where you want to look) is on the right side when facing the car from the front. Here you can follow the piping around the engine and down to the intercooler which is mounted low in front of the radiator. From the outlet on the left side of the intercooler you can follow the last bit up to the intake.

So, first of all I suggest you check if any of the pipes are loose or misplaced/not connected. Then check or change all the clamps along the piping described above.

If all seems good, try testing your turbo actuator as well. The rod could be prevented from working as normal which gives uneven pressure readings. Disconnect the pressure hose on the top of the actuator and connect a bicycle pump or something to the niple to use as a pressure source. Then see if the rod moves in a smooth motion.

Hope some of this helps and that you figure out the problem. If not, I'am sure there are someone here on the forum that are more experienced than me who can give you some helpfull advise!
nosmoketoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2017, 15:47   #5
vrap
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Australia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosmoketoday View Post
Hi again! I don't remember exactly how the intake tubing and piping is arranged in your engine bay but if it looks something like my MK6 GTD there is a combination of pipes and connections from the turbo via intercooler and up to the intake. On my car, the pressure side of the turbo (where you want to look) is on the right side when facing the car from the front. Here you can follow the piping around the engine and down to the intercooler which is mounted low in front of the radiator. From the outlet on the left side of the intercooler you can follow the last bit up to the intake.
So, first of all I suggest you check if any of the pipes are loose or misplaced/not connected. Then check or change all the clamps along the piping described above.
If all seems good, try testing your turbo actuator as well. The rod could be prevented from working as normal which gives uneven pressure readings. Disconnect the pressure hose on the top of the actuator and connect a bicycle pump or something to the niple to use as a pressure source. Then see if the rod moves in a smooth motion.
Hope some of this helps and that you figure out the problem. If not, I'am sure there are someone here on the forum that are more experienced than me who can give you some helpfull advise!
So I gave it a go, but no leaks from what I could find.
vrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ALH>>>2000 Jetta TDI PARTS>>>>KERMA 3'' EXHAUST, TURBOS, ECUS, and MORE!!! VDubdiesel2000 Private TDI Items for Sale/Wanted 9 July 21st, 2015 11:46
If Yer Lookin For A Tdi>>>>>>>>>>>> LiLredTDI Eastern USA 13 July 27th, 2008 15:38
I.T. CAREER NEEDED IN CANADA>>>>>>>>>>>> mojogoes Mid-west USA 12 January 28th, 2005 10:17
1996 TDI>>REDUCED>>See UPDATE TO MAINTENANCE POST *DELETED* 96tdi TDI Cars for Sale/Wanted 7 January 17th, 2005 15:26
ALLARD INLET MANIFOLD >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mojogoes TDI Power Enhancements 5 November 8th, 2004 09:28


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright - TDIClub Online LTD - 2017
Contact Us | Privacy Statement | Forum Rules | Disclaimer
TDIClub Online Ltd (TDIClub.com) is not affiliated with the VWoA or VWAG and is supported by contributions from viewers like you.
© 1996 - 2017, All Rights Reserved
Page generated in 0.14030 seconds with 13 queries
[Output: 72.97 Kb. compressed to 64.98 Kb. by saving 7.99 Kb. (10.95%)]