50 Way to Leave Your Jetta

gulfcoastguy

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI sold, Mazda 3 purchased
Well I sold old Yeti back to the dealer about 90 minutes ago. No email about an EFT yet. As punishment for my sins, I have to drive a Toyota Corolla rental car until the money fairy drops cash into my account. I can feel my soul slowly being sucked away. Taking off from a signal light feels like I am driving through mud. An hour before the appointment the Kia dealer called and said that he has some Niros on the lot. I think maybe, then I think KIA?

gulfcoastguy

Veteran Member
TDI
You need a strong dose of ALH
My sister has a 2005 Jetta diesel that is sitting neglected under a pine tree. But when she gets through with a car it's ready for the crusher. Still she did take car of it the first 3 or 4 years.

Leaving old Yeti was like dropping a dog off at the pound. Being a first generation she will probably be turned into Corona cans.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
The Kia Niro has the dubious distinction of being even slower than a TDI. Don't think it's going to satisfy your desire for torque.

gulfcoastguy

Veteran Member
TDI
Kia? You couldn't find anything at South MS VW? They almost sold me a gasser.
I told the VW salesman that I was giving VW a 5 year time out. I wasn't real optimistic about Kia , their consumer satisfaction ratings are average at best. I will probably go with Mazda.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
When driving that Toyota, think of Toyota Jan, instead of those oversexed old ladies in the last series of TDi commercials.

gulfcoastguy

Veteran Member
TDI
Okay the email came in after 10 central time tonight. They say that funds will be transferred in 1 to 2 business days. Then they will need to pay off my loan sharks, the sharks will need to refund 3 months of overage, and Bosch will need to pony up.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
They should have gotten an updated payoff.
Yes, they should have (and adjust the payments, both to the lender and to the owner, accordingly), but they don't seem to be doing that in most cases, particularly with non-VW Credit loans.

gulfcoastguy

Veteran Member
TDI
Well the payment to me is the same one calculated on January 31st. The first available appointment was March 20. That means three additional loan payments had been made . I actually called the loan company during the buyback but I guess she couldn't adjust on the fly.

tactdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta
My buyback was March 4, received my money via Chase by Wednesday March 8, and my non-VW Credit loan was paid off by March 17, with the overage of the payoff, deposited into my checking account at the same credit union.

In some cases (like mine), the loan payoff is within a few weeks.

The holder of your loan will return the overage of the loan payoff back to you.

gulfcoastguy

Veteran Member
TDI
Well my email from Chase was after ten last night and I replied within 15 minutes. I checked my bank balance about 30 minutes ago and the money was in the account with no hold pending. I am going car shopping now.

gulfcoastguy

Veteran Member
TDI
Well now I have a 2017 dark blue Mazda 3 Touring . I wanted red but I went with a vehicle that I knew had been on the lot for 4 months. Nice seats and steering and it looks like great mpg which I will test out this weekend.

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
Well now I have a 2017 dark blue Mazda 3 Touring . I wanted red but I went with a vehicle that I knew had been on the lot for 4 months. Nice seats and steering and it looks like great mpg which I will test out this weekend.
Being we both bought '13 JSW TDI wagons, I'd be interested in your fuel numbers, amigo.

all the best,

ez (JSW TDI 6M still with me - - - plan buyback NLT September 2018).

gulfcoastguy

Veteran Member
TDI
As I said I will try to get a feel for highway mpg this weekend. I will say that I don't like the fuel gauge, difficult to read.

rtking

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen 6MT
So... in the span of 4 hours and 22 minutes, you went out and got yourself a Mazda 3 Touring? LOL! Well done!

I have to admit that I am dreading turning my Jetta TDI back in (appointment on Monday, March 27th), as it's been a fantastic and trouble free vehicle for me. But I went ahead and bought its replacement already, so I'm kind-of committed to going through with the buy-back.

Hopefully the deposit of the buy bank funds will be fairly swift and easy as it appears most don't run into any difficulties.

gulfcoastguy

Veteran Member
TDI
Getting MY money was incredibly quick, probably 12 hours after Chase had my checking info. I did have to wait 7 weeks for the buyback appointment. I already knew what vehicle I wanted and had visited the dealer twice already. My choices in that model were dark gray , silver, or dark blue. The red and the white were optioned up to drive up the price. Blue is good enough.