Goodwill package - customer care will not give replacement cards.

foxrod

TDI
2013 golf dsg
Hey
I registered for Goodwill April 7 2016. My cards came in the mail and they expire april 2017 (date on card)

Multiple places on goodwill site say they will give replacement cards for $5 per.

It also states that you have until the date on the card before they expire.

I followed the directions to get cards and now they are saying no more cards.

What BS apparently its a new "verbal" company policy which violates the card terms and conditions and terms and conditions of the program. :mad::eek:

I already spent 4 hours searching my house for them to no avail. I am livid about this and have been to the top of VW customer service so they say.

Im now in contact with my Dealer GM and am considering contacting executives.

anyone else in same boat?
:confused:
regards
troy

Last edited:

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
Now that you mention it, the replacement we requested back in January never arrived.

foxrod

TDI
2013 golf dsg
yea this sucks!
I followed all the rules to a T and now this...
Looks like VW fraud trickled into the goodwill program.

dopechess

TDI
2013 A3
should have been more careful with your cards and not lose them! who the heck loses 1000.00 in gift cards?

no one else to blame but yourself!

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
It was a gratuitous gift. You gave up nothing to get them.

When somebody gives you a gift, and you lose it, you feel you have a right to demand a replacement gift?

I took my $500 Visa and uploaded it immediately to my electric utility account, so I would not lose it, nor waste it on something frivolous. I actually used the VW gift card and used it to get the car serviced.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
Well, I'm losing no sleep over it. We'll see if the replacement eventually turns up in the mail. I didn't have anything to spend the $500 VW credit on, and after talking to a combined VW/Volvo/Audi dealer in SF it seemed like a roll of the dice whether they'd take it on account. If not, my only regret is I could have passed it on to an friend who bought our '06 from us -- or put it towards a set of tires to store in the garage for a while.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
Oh, the goodwill VISA cards.......and the threads that just Will. Not. Die.

atomicfront

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta wagon tdi
Well the 500 dollar visa card should have been spent as soon as you got it. We got our card in November of 2015. Spent the Visa immediately. Called in November 2016 to say we lost the dealer card and they sent us a new one minus 5 dollars which we used towards a new All Track in January.

I have no idea why VW was so screwed by the US government. But it has benefited me greatly.

maybe368

Veteran Member
TDI
Happily none
Well the 500 dollar visa card should have been spent as soon as you got it. We got our card in November of 2015. Spent the Visa immediately. Called in November 2016 to say we lost the dealer card and they sent us a new one minus 5 dollars which we used towards a new All Track in January.
I have no idea why VW was so screwed by the US government. But it has benefited me greatly.
Give it a rest please, VW screwed the pooch and brought this on themselves. You are hereby sentenced to reading Threadzilla, get at it :rolleyes:...Mark

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
It was a gratuitous gift. You gave up nothing to get them.

When somebody gives you a gift, and you lose it, you feel you have a right to demand a replacement gift?
100% agreement with you. Never ceases to amaze me how many posters on this forum blame VW for their own publicly admitted shortcomings.

raff

TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen (gone)
yea this sucks!
I followed all the rules to a T and now this...
Looks like VW fraud trickled into the goodwill program.
No fraud here.
You're the one who misplaced the cards, so why blame VW ?

GretchenTDI

TDI
2015 Beetle Convertible
Yeah, I can't find my VW credit either. I spent the VISA right away but since my TDI was bought at the end of August I really didn't have anything to spend $500 on at VW.

No idea where it is.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Cashed the first card at wally world ~~ $1.00 fee (?)

Sold the 2nd card at a discount ~~ 'cause I had NO vw needs on my car ~~
The buyer was a TDICLUB member ~~ really a nice guy:)

All in all a good deal

At the time, folks (me) were all up in the air over dieselgate

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
Owners paid thousands of $$$$s for a car = Nothing?
When you bought the car, it was not with the expectation of getting $1000 in gift cards. Nor was it anything bargained for, either directly by the individual or through class counsel. A unilateral, gratuitous gift it was, with the hopes, but not the promise, that it would be a gesture of good will.

And it is obvious that many here took the cards, used them, but provided no goodwill in return, as none was required to get the cards.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
When you bought the car, it was not with the expectation of getting $1000 in gift cards. <snip> .
My personal expectation was to get a car without (any) issues ~~ Don't we all?

Initially my car value (KBB - NADA) dropped 'bout 20 % in 8 weeks from the purchase date.

Heart attack city

The $1,000 gifts were a welcome start. Noting the need to discount the vw card, as I had no way to use it.

Noting early on, I jumped at the shot of a CAS ~~ even though many TDICLUB members were saying it was a waste of time. -- i. e. ~~ a car wash and a candy bar.

Personally, DieselGate will be 'bout the best financial car buy for me. So far.

If I can stay out of a wreck or theft.

Still ripped-torn-conflicted on whether to do the BB or the "FIX"

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
My personal expectation was to get a car without (any) issues ~~ Don't we all?
Your issues are addressed in the class action settlement, which is totally separate and apart from the goodwill gift cards.

Some people have an incurable case of give me fever.

Last edited:

maybe368

Veteran Member
TDI
Happily none
When you bought the car, it was not with the expectation of getting $1000 in gift cards. Nor was it anything bargained for, either directly by the individual or through class counsel. A unilateral, gratuitous gift it was, with the hopes, but not the promise, that WE WOULD NOT SUE

And it is obvious that many here took the cards, used them, but provided no goodwill in return, as none was required to get the cards.
Fixed that for you...Mark

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
Your issues are addressed in the class action settlement, which is totally separate and apart from the goodwill gift cards.

Some people have an incurable case of give me fever.
^^^^^^^

Some people on this forum sure do.