line in between head and turbo not connected and its sucking air!

RollingCoal11

TDI
2006 Jetta
while changing my fuel filter, I was listening to the car run and I heard a air leak sound. I found this line not connected to anything and nothing near it to plug it back into. Any ideas where is belongs? its sucking air so I want to figure this out quickly. it is in between the head and the turbo and asv.

I don't have the ability to post pictures yet so I don't know how to better describe it.

narongc73

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
it's too cold for me to go out and look, but can't you just look around for the other broken side? I would assume it's vacuum if it's sucking air.

N.CaTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta
it's too cold for me to go out and look, but can't you just look around for the other broken side? I would assume it's vacuum if it's sucking air.
Yes Vacuum line it should plug into the cam/head cover where these is a reservoir to hold vacuum. Think the spot is right about where your finger is in the picture.

RollingCoal11

TDI
2006 Jetta
I have been looking everywhere for where it can plug in, or the other piece of it. I am sure that I will have to replace it because it is broken, and I can not find where it goes.

Would this vacuum line have anything to do with hard starting like the fuel ran back to the tank, or a misfire on any cylinders. I just got a VCDS Hex Net but the guy needs to re attach the program in his email.

Thanks for the help so far. If anyone can take a picture of where it goes it will help a lot. I ordered a service manual to help me out with this as well.

Thanks
Chris

Rembrant

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
Thanks for the help so far. If anyone can take a picture of where it goes it will help a lot. I ordered a service manual to help me out with this as well.
It connects to the valve cover, right under where your hand is in your picture. There's supposed to be a little rubber elbow connector...see in this link below:

Upper left hand corner of the picture...

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=5018865&postcount=36

Second picture down in this link shows the nipple on the back of the valve cover, right under where your hand is...

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=4983062&postcount=1

You might be missing that little rubber elbow if it's not still connected to the valve cover.

RollingCoal11

TDI
2006 Jetta
Thanks for the pictures. Now I need to find a connector. IDparts and rock auto dont have that part listed. So now its on for the hunt.

RollingCoal11

TDI
2006 Jetta
I was looking for the 90* elbow for the line. I think I found a complete vacuum assembly on eBay and I will rebuild it with silicone lines and install that so I don't have to worry about that stuff for a while.