Official offer less than charts

chief poncho

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
Sardo, you are adding some options that shouldn't be added into the calculator like power seats (its full power not just power back tilt and alloy wheels which are only optional on the value model). I think I figured out what you have since you didn't list the model, or all of the options.

2014 Jetta
No Auto Trans
Fender Stereo System
Nav system
Power Sunroof

Car Value = $23,777
Options = $990
Mileage Adjustment = -2,700
Total = $22,067 which matches exactly the VW estimate

I still can't figure out where VW got the first offer value though, because nothing seems to fit that number. What was the mileage on the vehicle when you first registered on the site?

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
Sardo, you are adding some options that shouldn't be added into the calculator like power seats (its full power not just power back tilt and alloy wheels which are only optional on the value model). I think I figured out what you have since you didn't list the model, or all of the options.

2014 Jetta
No Auto Trans
Fender Stereo System
Nav system
Power Sunroof

Car Value = $23,777
Options = $990
Mileage Adjustment = -2,700
Total = $22,067 which matches exactly the VW estimate

I still can't figure out where VW got the first offer value though, because nothing seems to fit that number. What was the mileage on the vehicle when you first registered on the site?
i added miles and said id turn it in with 80,000, then didn't drive it all that much for the past 6 9 months, then when I got close I parked it. the car has been sitting since early January.

my buy back is today at 5:30 so i'll see what they say.

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
turned it in yesterday, went very quick. I started the claim and guessed that I would have 85,000 miles on it, turned it in with 80,005, I let my mother drive it for 2 days last month when her car was in the shop. kinda pissed off as it would have been under 80k at turn in, although the lady said I was still in the 80k bracket since I was only 5 over.

what I ended up with, although they kept their 1/5/17 pay off number and I've made 2 or 3 payments since then so I will be getting about 9k into my account in 2 payments. 1st payment is the original number seen here and then a 2nd one for the remainder since I owe like 13.5.

$ 16,200.00 Vehicle Return Amount
$ 6,226.73 Additional Restitution Payment
$ 22,426.73 Total Amount Before Loan PayOff
$ 14,173.41 Total Outstanding Loan Amount on 01/05/2017
$ 14,173.41 Amount VW Will Pay Your Lender (1)
--------------------------------------------------------
$ 8,253.32 Amount VW Paid You

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
kinda pissed off as it would have been under 80k at turn in, although the lady said I was still in the 80k bracket since I was only 5 over.
That's not how the brackets work, but the reps have no idea how the numbers are calculated. The mileage brackets are for your adjusted mileage, not your mileage at turn-in.

chief poncho

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
How about that. The mileage difference between the next bracket up and the amount allocated for Power Seats is exactly the same!

Looks like you got exactly what you should have. The difference was 80k vs 85k miles at turn in. Adjusted mileage was 61,244 (80k miles) vs 66,244 (85k miles).

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
That's not how the brackets work, but the reps have no idea how the numbers are calculated. The mileage brackets are for your adjusted mileage, not your mileage at turn-in.
yea that lady there said it would be in the 80k bracket since it was only 5 miles. I'm happy with what I got out of it in the end.

however I waited too long and didn't have enough time to pull off my hitch before the turn in, oh well.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
yea that lady there said it would be in the 80k bracket since it was only 5 miles.
...and she was wrong. Absolutely, totally, and in all other ways wrong. If you're one mile above the cutoff, you're into the next bracket. But the brackets are for adjusted mileage, not the mileage on your odometer. This has been discussed extensively here, and is the subject of at least a couple of sticky threads. If you understood that, you wouldn't have worried about 5 miles, since you would have known that the cutoff for the next bracket, this month, would be 83,757 miles. You had another 3700 miles before you got close to the next bracket.

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
yea I know there's stuff I'm missing, I haven't been living on the forums or studying all the fine print with the buy back. I have a few things that take up most of my time.
but yea that 3700 more miles would have been nice to know as I would have driven it more, ended up turning it in with like 1/2 a tank too.

only thing I have left is the 2nd payment from VW since I made more payments than originally projected. since when I turned it in VW paid 14,2xx on my loan when I only owes 13,4xx at turn in time.