HPFP issues in canada?

raymondtrudeau

TDI
2013 golf
hi has anyone in Canada has a problem with the HPFP(HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP) it seems there are a lot in usa..

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle(sold) MK4 Golf TDI(sold) Mk4 Jetta TDI(parted out) MK4 Golf GTI w/ALH swap (built then parted out) 2015 Passat TDI Highline (current)
from what i heard..its kinda rare...but it does happen. Canadian diesel is better...either way its always good to put an additive to lubricate everything

Pg007

TDI
2011 tdi
Hpfp in canada.

My 2011 jetta tdi blew it's hpfp 3 weeks ago. The surprise I got when the dealership told me it was going to cost me $8000. I was told to talk to vw canada. Process is on going but I am reluctant they are going to help. It's frustrating when even the service technician does not know why these fail. The car had 123000k on it. Went over my extended warranty by 3k. Anyway if there are more people out there with this problem your not alone.

buyingconstant7

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5spd
Well, we have far less TDI's in Canada than in the US due to population. 123,000 Jettas were sold in the US in 2010, 14,000 were sold in Canada, of course not all are diesels, but still gives you perspective. So obviously, we will see lesser numbers of HPFP failures. But what is interesting, is that we still see very few failure rates per capita, so our Canadian cars don't have as many HPFP failures as American TDI's. I heard it's because of fuel quality, our refining process is slightly different, as well as additives, so our fuel may have slightly more lubricity to it, which reduces the risk of the HPFP failing.