FS: 2003 Jetta Wagon TDI - 5 speed

Tap2112

TDI
2002 Jetta GLS 5sp (SOLD), 2002 Jetta GLS auto (gave to daughter), 2003 Jetta GLS Wagon 5 sp (SOLD), 2006 Jetta TDI PKG 2 with Nav
FS: 2003 Jetta Wagon TDI - 5 speed - Bay Area, California

I am about to put my wife's 2003 Jetta Wagon TDI up for sale. We are having it serviced to take care of some general maintenance including new glow plugs and harness, oil change (fully synthetic, of course) and new thermostat and temp sensor.

We have a second TDI in the family and no longer need the wagon.

It is silver, 5 speed and I believe it has every available option, including moon roof and leather seats. It also has a Panzer plate. Since I have owned the car I have put in a new, upgraded Luk DMF clutch, new larger injectors, a taller 5th gear (.681), upgraded Audi bushings and more.

There are no tears in the seats and everything functions properly, including the center console. We have taken great care of it to make sure it stays in great working condition. It has a clean title and we own it outright.

The tires were replaced last year and still have tons of tread. I will have the car aligned again prior to sale.

Being 11 years old the car certainly has normal scuffs and wear and tear but overall the car is in great shape inside and out.

At this point I am taking interest before officially putting it up for sale after the glow plugs and thermostat are replaced. Matt Phelan has done all the work since I have owned the car.

We have many years worth of service records for most of the work that has been done on the car which we can pass to the new owner as well.

The car has 234,XXX miles and counting. My wife still drives it everyday so the mileage will increase until it sells.

Pics will be posted when the car is done and ready for transfer.

PM me with name and phone number if interested.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

Tap2112

TDI
2002 Jetta GLS 5sp (SOLD), 2002 Jetta GLS auto (gave to daughter), 2003 Jetta GLS Wagon 5 sp (SOLD), 2006 Jetta TDI PKG 2 with Nav
Bump

Hmmm....198 views and no comments or questions? A year or two ago people were falling all over themselves for these cars. Did they fall out of favor?

Soupinmycoupe

Veteran Member
TDI
Manual ALH wagons.
Please email me a price when you decide what you want for it. Anything matt touches im interested.

Clauw317(at)gmail dot com

deegingerkid

Beware the Ginger! Vendor
TDI
"Blurple" 2000 New Beetle 5M 2006 Jetta has been SOLD
Chris, it's a nice car. Been run on bio so may need a pump reseal. Super clean otherwise. Seller is legit. :)

Tap2112

TDI
Currently the pump has no leaks and no issues. In fact of all the TDI's I've owned I have never had an IP issue and I have run B99 or B100 in all of them for more than 50K miles each, one for 120K miles on bio.

While I don't know for certain, my guess is the pump issues happen more frequently when you switch back and forth between diesel and biodiesel due to the swelling and shrinking of the seals. Since I never run straight diesel (and only mix it in the winter when it gets real cold) my cars have always had a continuous use of Bio and therefore never have the shrinking/swelling issue.

Nevertheless, we've decided to keep the car a bit longer now so it is off the market until further notice anyway. You may see it come back on the market in the fall.

Thanks for everybody's input.