FS:2003 Jetta GL Wagon TDI, silver, manual. $8,300

perry-vw-

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI Cup (Malone Stage 2) / 05 Passat wagon TDI (Malone Stage 1.5, BSM, 5 speed manual) / 90 Corrado (work in progress)
FS:2003 Jetta GL Wagon TDI, silver, manual. $8,300 Northern IL

I purchased the car in 2009 with 186,000 miles on it. The PO bought the car with a bad motor (timing belt snapped) and he installed a used engine. Here is the list of what he did.

The car currently has black steel wheels with Blizzak tires that have decent tread left on them. Last summer I purchased a set of 18" Audi S4 replica wheels. I can't remember what tires are on those, but they have good tread on them as well.

I have a factory VW hatch spoiler and had it painted. It got too cold for me to install it this fall but I did take some pictures of it stuck on the car (it has 4 magnets on it to help hold it in place while the glue dries).

It has Thule cross bars on it but the locks are frozen, I've been spraying PB Blaster in them to hopefull free them up. And I had a trailer hitch installed with the light harness. It is good for a bike rack or small trailer.

Recent work to the car: New N75 valve, vaccum lines, new brakes, new rear calipers, new brake fluid, block heater installed when I bought the car, oil changes @5k miles, Mann filters, headlights were just polished and look minty fresh and there is probably more that I'm forgetting.

The car currently has almost 233,000 miles and 129,500 on the engine so the timing belt is good for another 50K. When I calculate mileage I consistently get 45-48 mpg combined hwy/city. Asking: $8,300

Last edited:

perry-vw-

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI Cup (Malone Stage 2) / 05 Passat wagon TDI (Malone Stage 1.5, BSM, 5 speed manual) / 90 Corrado (work in progress)
Oops, I just looked at my math and it's wrong. The engine has 129,500 miles not 150,000.

perry-vw-

Veteran Member
TDI
man i like it but to be honest it makes me nervous. where are you in Illinois?
I'm near Rockford. Let me know if you have any questions that might ease your nerves.

Last edited:

perry-vw-

Veteran Member
TDI
I was able to spend a few hours cleaning the interior today and took some additional photos, also here is a list of imperfections. The driver's seat has a patch on the side bolster and the picture makes it stand out more that it actually does. There is a tear in the rear passenger seat that has been stitched. There is a scratch that above the driver side head light that goes across the corner of the hood and onto the fender, it is through the paint but not the primer. The driver side rear door has a dent that someone tried to fix and really messed it up. I had my friend who does paintless dent repair work on it and he got it better but said that the metal is too far stretched out to fix without body work. Above the windshield are two stone chips. The battery cover is cracked.

perry-vw-

Veteran Member
TDI

perry-vw-

Veteran Member
TDI

When we get a semi warm day and the roads are clear I'm going to take it to the car wash and clean up the outside.

Last edited:

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
Nice shift boot! You or the new owner can replace that with a nice genuine leather shift boot for only $15 shipped from ebay.

perry-vw-

Veteran Member
TDI
The one that came in the car looked like hell. One night I was making myself a drink and it just clicked. I was looking at OEM replacements and this just a cool cheap fix!

Thermo1223

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Jetta 5M-'04 JW A5
Car looks well kept but can ya answer why the oil changes were every 5k miles? Lately it seems this in the new 10k miles, I don't get it why?

perry-vw-

Veteran Member
TDI
Willing to do any trading?
We want to get a TDI cup edition. My wife doesn't think that wagons are cool like I do and wants something "fun" to drive. I showed her the TDI cup and that was it. So, that's why we are selling the Jetta, I'll drive her Passat and she'll get the new car.

perry-vw-

Veteran Member
TDI
Car looks well kept but can ya answer why the oil changes were every 5k miles? Lately it seems this in the new 10k miles, I don't get it why?
I've heard/read that you can go 10k, others said 7.5k and some said 5k. If I were doing mostly hwy miles I would go more miles inbetween oil changes. But the car is driven a combo of both and to be honest I find it easy to remember that I have to do oil changes at 5k intervals.

Thermo1223

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Jetta 5M-'04 JW A5
Well you are doing yourself a disservice, 10k is easy as pie for an ALH. That is unless you do 1000 miles a year lol.

travism

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon
This car has heated seats, correct? I am thinking of listing my cummins even though I just bought it. I really dig this wagon.

perry-vw-

Veteran Member
TDI
This car has heated seats, correct? I am thinking of listing my cummins even though I just bought it. I really dig this wagon.
It sure does and they work great! It also has a block heater.

perry-vw-

Veteran Member
TDI

perry-vw-

Veteran Member
TDI
I may have found a TDI Cup.

Open to offers.

perry-vw-

Veteran Member
TDI
Did you sell the car yet and are you firm on the price?
Not yet, I have a few people on here interested. I just posted it Friday on Craigslist and I got a couple of interested people over the weekend. The price is not firm, I'm open to reasonable offers.

perry-vw-

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes I do.

I do have two people coming to look at it this weekend.

perry-vw-

Veteran Member
TDI
mobetta - the car that we are interested in is in Minnesota, so if you buy my car I can drive it up for you!!

perry-vw-

Veteran Member
TDI

perry-vw-

Veteran Member
TDI
Congrats! How much did you sell it for?
I knew that question was coming:D

I sold it for $7,500 with the Blizzaks and the 18" summer wheels.