2009 TDI Cranks but No Start

dweisel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
dweisel isn't diesel anymore!
44.3k miles as of June 1, 2011 - the day I won the new HPFP lotto.

I now have nearly 50k miles on my car or nearly 6k miles on my "new" HPFP and believe it or not, my car is now running just like before June 1 (and like those reporting in this thread).:rolleyes:

For those that are unaware, I put every drop of D2 in my car (like I've been doing with my previous diesels since 1977), use PS-DK since first fill, splash blend to B2 (since 22k miles), inspect FF canister for contamination every 5k miles or so (one incident of shiny metal specks at about 26k miles), and save fuel receipts (since about 20k miles).

For those posting in the above referenced thread about their good fortune, I hope it continues.;)
Just like everything else in life.......................things change in the blink of an eye. Or glow plug light whichever the case may be. I too wish ALL CR owners the best of luck.

Cayca

TDI
Jetta TDI 2009
Hello Plus 3 Golfer,
I've got a similar problem, cranks but won't start, the dealer replaced the ignition switch because only fault on scanner...yet 2 days later the car wouldn't start after I drove to a nearby restaurant...yet like the first time after a 3 hours resting the motor did finally start... What finally happened with your problem?

wufco1

TDI
09 Jetta TDI
2009 Jetta TDI Intermittent No Start

has anyone found and posted resolution to this issue? Just bought car come to find out that intermittently when it's hot; the car will crank but does not start (no engine light, nor the glow plug on and the PRNDS lights flash). Only With a series of ignition cycles; you may be able to get the engine light and glow plug on with no flashing PRNDS and then I know the car will fire up.

Checked relay 100 and all fuses
checked ECM and connection points

DTC Scan shows U0100 Lost comm w ECM

possible issues:
Faulty ECM?
Faulty transmission wire harness? Does anyone know where the harness runs or if there is a diagram that can be found?

Does anyone know if you purchase a used ECM with same serial numbers; does it need to be reprogrammed?

Solutions appreciated!

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
has anyone found and posted resolution to this issue? Just bought car come to find out that intermittently when it's hot; the car will crank but does not start (no engine light, nor the glow plug on and the PRNDS lights flash). Only With a series of ignition cycles; you may be able to get the engine light and glow plug on with no flashing PRNDS and then I know the car will fire up.

Checked relay 100 and all fuses
checked ECM and connection points

DTC Scan shows U0100 Lost comm w ECM

possible issues:
Faulty ECM?
Faulty transmission wire harness? Does anyone know where the harness runs or if there is a diagram that can be found?

Does anyone know if you purchase a used ECM with same serial numbers; does it need to be reprogrammed?

Solutions appreciated!
Check the battery and ground wires under the battery cover. The ECM needs the right voltage.

darevans

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI Automatic Trans
After having my 2009 TDI with 120850 miles towed to the dealer after stranding me they have come back with the diagnosis of HPFP failure and a $5000 quote to repair. They asked VOA about fixing under warranty and were denied. I called to appeal and was denied due to being 850 miles out of the extended warranty ! GEEZ.
I do have a question for you mechanics out there is you don't mind answering!
[FONT=&quot] If the car quit due to metal shavings presumably clogging the fuel injectors why was there no problems noted such as sputters or running on 3 cylinders etc.. instead of a sudden shutdown? Is this a computer shutdown of the car? If so can it be reset and the car start up? I just need to get it running so that when the buyback begins I can turn it over to them! [/FONT]

monikadean2014

TDI
2009 Q7 S Line Prestige
2009 Audi Q7 TDI HPFP Catastrophic failure! Worried Sick

I have a 2009 Audi Q7 with potential HPFP Catastrophic failure. The car just died while pulling up to a light. I have 117,500 miles on it. Does anyone know if in fact the HPFP system failure extended warranty did in fact cover the 2009 Audi Q7 TDI's?

I tried to find any bulletins on the extended warranty, but I only found bulletins covering certain Volkswagen TDI's, not any for Audi.

Thanks!

This is absolutely HORRIBLE Timing happening a month before I'm supposed to be turning this into Audi for the Class Action Lawsuit! This is just crazy! You couldn't make this up!:eek: