Swepco Lubricants ??

natescape

Veteran Member
TDI
None at the moment. *sniff*
Does anyone have experience with Swepco (SouthWest Petroleum Company, I believe) products? The oil/kerosene/diesel place where I get my fuel (Holliston Oil in Holliston, MA). Has just started carrying it and selling it in bulk. They make all sorts of greases, oils, lubricants, etc. They also have a "Premium Diesel Fuel Improver", which is described as
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Includes powerful cetane boster. Improves ignition quality, combustibility, and lubricity of diesel fuel. Reduces emissions. Other powerful chemistry fights sludge, gum. Keeps injectors clean. Winter formula also provides superiour protection from cold weatehr diesel fuel wax gelling.<hr></blockquote>

Sounds good, but they sell in bulk ($110.90 for a case of 20 12 oz bottles (treats 938 gallons) OR 151.24 for a case of 8 quarts (treats 1999 gallones).

If it's good stuff, maybe I'll see if anyone wants to go in on it with me and split it up.

whtboyjr.

I sell SWEPCO products and use all of it in my '01 NB. My old TDI has 302,000 miles and use their products in it. With the lubricants, they include lube oil analysis at no charge. Each 12 oz bottle treats about 45 gallons of fuel or about three tanks. With the prices you quoted this must be 501 winter formula. I could sell ten bottles for $69.50 including tax and freight.

cars wanted

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS-TDI, 2000, white/beige
The "More about Swepco's lubricants" link sure doesn't tell much about their motor oils, not even weight or basestocks used, let alone service rating!
Just another content-free web page.

[ November 29, 2001: Message edited by: cars wanted ]</p>