CP3 fuel pump upgrade thread

2micron

Vendor
TDI
None
I'm having terrible luck getting my CP3 installed. I'm not mechanically experienced enough to do it myself, so I'm having it done.
Currently my issue is the EGR valve seems to be in the way of the metal fuel line, preventing it from connecting to the pump. Apparently you need to have an EGR delete race pipe for it to fit. I just have the EGR blocked off, but the valve is physically present. Is there any way to work around, or do I need to source a race pipe to make this work?
Whoa!! Hold on Sir. The install is quite easy and I can help you!!
First off, where do you get the kits and pump?
Either email me or post a picture of your pump and line.
Thanks!!
Andrew
tdi2micron@yahoo.ca

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
The asv/egr valve has to be removed/unattached from the intake manifold during the install. Should be mentioned in Andrews installation write up which can be found at Aarodriguez/fixmyvw.com. I found the install a breeze when carefully following the directions. The hardest part for me was one lower nut that I had to start by feel. But a racepipe is not required.

voilsb

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
Whoa!! Hold on Sir. The install is quite easy and I can help you!!
First off, where do you get the kits and pump?
Either email me or post a picture of your pump and line.
Thanks!!
Andrew
tdi2micron@yahoo.ca
I got my kit from diesel dubs / German diesel motorwerks. Having it installed at Das European Autohaus outside of Houston.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

ksing44

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
I'm having terrible luck getting my CP3 installed. I'm not mechanically experienced enough to do it myself, so I'm having it done.
Currently my issue is the EGR valve seems to be in the way of the metal fuel line, preventing it from connecting to the pump. Apparently you need to have an EGR delete race pipe for it to fit. I just have the EGR blocked off, but the valve is physically present. Is there any way to work around, or do I need to source a race pipe to make this work?

At GDM they made it fit on my car. He did comment that he forgot how tight it is without the EGR delete. The fuel line has a significant bend as it comes out of the pump and the fuel line actually is in contact with the plastic housing for the oil dipstick. So far that hasn't been a problem, but time will tell. It's been a few thousand miles so far.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Is that the stock fuel line? My kit came with a new, slightly different fuel line. I did have to shim out the dipstick just a bit.

ksing44

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
Is that the stock fuel line? My kit came with a new, slightly different fuel line. I did have to shim out the dipstick just a bit.
GDM acquired the parts and did the work for me, so I really don't know where the fuel line came from. I would be willing to bet, however, that Les at GDM is quite capable of fabricating a modified fuel line from the stock parts and maybe that would save him some money on his end.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No doubt. In my opinion the line should not be chafing up against the dip tube.

ksing44

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
No doubt. In my opinion the line should not be chafing up against the dip tube.
That was my thought too. I'm hoping it isn't really chafing. There are marks on the tube, but I suspect that happened during installation. I'm also encouraged because the tube is plastic, i.e., softer than the metal fuel line. I'm also trusting Les, certainly a very fine and respected mechanic. I'm planning to go back to GDM for other work. I think it's worth the trip. I'll see what he thinks when I go back.

I'm also hoping that one of these days the EGR will come off!

voilsb

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
Ok, not to worry!!
I'll talk with Christian @ Das European.
Thanks,
Andrew
New pump is installed, thanks for your help! The tech said it was actually quite difficult bending the fuel line, but they've had the car idling for a few minutes after priming. They're cleaning it up now, then taking it for a short test drive, then we'll be done and I can take and post pics!

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

voilsb

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
Pics will come later. I forgot that they'd put the engine cover on, and I'm not going to mess with that until I get home and have some daylight. I should be able to get around to it Friday or Saturday.

In the mean time, the car drives great. I don't notice anything really different at this point, but I don't expect to, other than I don't need to worry about a fuel system grenade anymore.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
Care to add a MK7 to the list, still a CR technically :)
Should be installing this week or next, still waiting on two small fittings. Also have a very sweet complete OEM filter replacement to test fit, but will have to wait for the filter on backorder till March! OEM filters are $25-$40 depending on brand and are rated at 20k mile intervals. The Cim-tek filters should be good for 100k and cost $22!

voilsb

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
Here's the pics from my install. Drove over 400 miles on it so far, from stop and go city to 85+ mph highway (I love TX speed limits), with some acceleration runs hitting 4,000 rpms sometimes, and no issues at all. Runs smooth as butter, and if I didn't know it was installed, I couldn't tell a difference.

The car is a 2012 Jetta TDI 6MT with 139,617 miles, a Buzzken DPF delete kit, and Malone Stage 2 tune. I was on my third OEM HPFP. Had a catastrophic failure at 60,000 miles and 80,000 miles. VW warrantied both repairs.

Last edited:

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Looks good! You might want to cap off the auxiliary pump inlet/outlet. I just removed it completely.

voilsb

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
Looks good! You might want to cap off the auxiliary pump inlet/outlet. I just removed it completely.
Yeah, the tech said it's not used anymore, but left it on for now. I'll end up getting rid of it to clear out space and weight, probably at my next service.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

ksing44

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
Here's the pics from my install.

Your fuel line routing sure looks better than mine! In particular, it's still secured in strategic OEM places as it makes it's way to the fuel rail. In comparison, my fuel line seems to be a bit too exposed and just hanging out there. I wonder how big of a deal it would be to get a new fuel line and try to improve the routing, and if it really matters. I know my instal was done on a very busy day at the shop, so maybe time became a limiting factor to make it fit and look neat and secure too.

Mine

on Flickr

Last edited:

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
Installed and running great in a MK7! Will have to trim a tiny bit off the engine cover as it rests on the hard line, but that's all. Andrew couldn't have been any more helpful throughout the process answering all of my questions quite quickly. Looking forward to the filter install as soon as filters arrive.

Last edited:

YukonLT

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2010 Golf TDI 6MT
Installed and running great in a MK7! Will have to trim a tiny bit off the engine cover as it rests on the hard line, but that's all. Andrew couldn't have been any more helpful throughout the process answering all of my questions quite quickly. Looking forward to the filter install as soon as filters arrive.
Awesome!

adrian537

TDI
2014 vw jetta sportwagen tdi
need help

anyone in or near Los Angeles area that knows and can help me install the 2Micron CP3 Retrofit Pump Kit on my car? i have a 2014 vw jetta sportwagen tdi and can't find a diesel mechanic that would tackle this job.
adrian537@aol.com

ksing44

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI

bobt2382

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2010 CW GOLF 4DR 6MT TDI

NIN846

TDI
2011 Reflex Silver 2dr Golf TDI, 1983 Rabbit Pickup Diesel
Put me on the list, I got mine installed on March 6th along with the micron filter at GDM.

Last edited:

voilsb

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
Anyone have any problems since the install? I just had some issues where I'd lose power and get a flashing glow plug light, and the P0087 code, but the car would still drive, but in a limp mode (I could still get up to highway speeds, just doesn't have much power and doesn't do hills well). After clearing the code, it drove just fine. Got home, and it drove fine the next day too. Today, I hooked up vcds to do some logging, drove around the neighborhood no problem. Go back home. Later, go out with the wife and have the problem on the highway again. Hook up vcds, get some logs, clear the code, and happen to be logging when it happens again. I drive to a safe spot to stop, shut off the car, clear codes, and it won't start. I try to prime with block 35 and vcds says the fuel pump is on, but I don't hear anything. Try again, nothing. So now I'm waiting for roadside assistance so I can get home.

bobt2382

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2010 CW GOLF 4DR 6MT TDI
I'm no expert, but I wonder if the lift pump in the tank stopped working. Just a thought for troubleshooting.