Restitution payment blocked

St.Hubbins

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf, DSG / '11 A3, DSG (both went buyback) - '15 GSW SE
Same thing is happening to me. Turned over car 2.21 received payment email late 2.22 got locked out. Evidently I got locked out because I used my Smartphone and not my laptop to enter my phone #. told 1-3 days told 1-3 days told 3-5 days - then told it could be 10-20 days from when I first called about being locked out.
Oh but VW credit got their money on 3/6.
I'm not calling that vw claims number again. gonna try the blood sucking lawyers now.
still waiting here, but not as long as you have been... i wonder if this is purposeful petulance on VW's part. as in, "we're getting screwed, so let's make the process hell for as many of our 'making-out-like-bandits' customers as possible"

hard to believe it can simply be widespread incompetence at this scale... either way, they're definitely not courting future purchases from their fanbase.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
...i wonder if this is purposeful petulance on VW's part. as in, "we're getting screwed, so let's make the process hell for as many of our 'making-out-like-bandits' customers as possible"
hard to believe it can simply be widespread incompetence at this scale...
It's been proposed before, but honestly, I believe the majority of buybacks and payments are going smoothly, otherwise this board would be a whole lot busier.

But I agree there's a lot of incompetence, much of it "baked in" to the process making screw-ups such as this phone number problem, or reissuance of a missing check, or turning owners away when they're over mileage, and of course the underwhelming deployment of the call center staff.

Carphuntin_god

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 2-door 6-speed
I'm waiting until Wednesday after processing time (11:12 pm EST). If i'm not fixed by then, my next email will probably be to the lawyers.
I work at a place where we have to do processing like this... and you can bet your butt an issue like this can't be allowed to linger on and on. If the prescribed fix time doesn't handle it... someone has to make it happen NOW by hand.

Rexy86

TDI
I waiting one more time also...3 days which won't be shocked if nothing happens. They said I will get an email...someone needs to invent that phone you see on the old cartoons that you can reach and strangle the person on the other end haha

Carphuntin_god

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 2-door 6-speed
Updating. after my 3-5 day wait, I called in Wednesday to complain and get something done. The first rep forwarded me to her supervisor. After around 40 min on hold, I got the supervisor who said she would put this in the hands of her resolution team. She said I wouldn't get any contact from that team, but that i should call back in 24-48 hours to check the status of where they were at. So I called back Thursday. the rep i got could see my records and saw that my case was looked at a supervisor team and that an email had been sent at 4 pm to unlock the account (Btw...they saw no such reference for the first time an unlock should have been done).
So... today, this morning it hadn't been unlocked yet. But.. .when i checkd after a meeting around 12, my chase account didn't show the block anymore. I fired off the transfer with the phone number i originally used, and it said it started the transfer and it should show up in my bank in 2 to 3 days.
I went back and checked...whenever the unlock occured, it didn't email that the account was unblocked.
So... long as my money appears in the bank in the next 2 to 3... My case should be resolved.

EDIT: Just capping off the info in my case. On Monday morning, 6:20 am CST the money made it to my bank.

Last edited:

St.Hubbins

Veteran Member
TDI
sorry to post again, but here's what just happened with our case:

this is really un*******believable. call center transfers you to escalation team, then escalation team rolls out the red carpet for the "resolution team," who does exactly SQUAT. it's like a freaking Monty Python sketch - probably the same clown in a cubicle doing different voices, getting off on screwing with people.
lady i just talked to resorted to giving out the class council phone number after i said they've basically stolen 17k from us at this point.

VW is trying to go bankrupt - that's really the only explanation here.

Rexy86

TDI
Holy shat I called today and told them what was going on again and they gave me the same wait 3 business days...so I hung up and 1130pm in bed I get an email!

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
I don't think you ever told us why it got blocked originally. Do you know? Was it the phone number like everyone else? I'd think I'd be a little gun shy at this point, after waiting so long, fearing the same thing is going to happen again.

Congrats & Good Luck!

St.Hubbins

Veteran Member
TDI
Holy shat I called today and told them what was going on again and they gave me the same wait 3 business days...so I hung up and 1130pm in bed I get an email!
interesting - ours finally got unblocked yesterday as well. had to re-enter my phone number, only this time i seem to have remembered it correctly!:roll eyes:

this all reminds me of John Cleese, on the Dead Parrot sketch - "If you want anything to get done in this country, you have to complain 'til you're blue in the face!"