TDIs found!

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Was killing time today at the dealership while my filler neck recall was being done.

Wandered on the lot, and beheld 7 Jetta, 10 wagon, and 1 Golf TDI.

If anyone is looking, this was at Don Jacobs in Lexington, KY.

One warning, most were scantily equipped. Most 5 speeds. All had cold weather package, but only 2-3 with leather.
Saw none with ESP.

Talked to the salesman about the Golf that my wife wants. He seriously explained to me that most Golfs are strippers. Told me how ESP was not a good option for the TDI, as this was "high performance". Couldn't understand why in the world I didn't want to pay extra for the Monsoon. But, he said he would look for what I want.

dsclark

Veteran Member
Saw none with ESP.

. Told me how ESP was not a good option for the TDI, as this was "high performance".
Typical sales slimeman. Diss an option that his product doesn't have, so that you are more likely to buy it.ESP is an incredible option. In the snow and ice, it gives the car incredible stability. It works so well, that I actually took it to a snow covered, icy parking lot just to play with it. Don't buy one w/o it. It costs less that half of my collision deductible, a bargain if you ask me.

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
Lesseeee, ESP worthless; stereo all important? I'm guessing this sales-tron has the priorities of a 17 year old. The Monsoon's a nice upgrade to the already nice 8-speaker stereo, but the ESP is exactly what's been said above.

Funny, judging by what so many of us here have said, the typical TDI buyer wants EVERYTHING on it except the auto tranny.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
I think the funniest part when talking to the salesman was when I told him what options I wanted and why. He seemed in shock that I knew what they all are. Said he had "never heard of problems with the Monsoon, and was their most popular option". Also said that most folks buying a TDI wanted a stripper car because "they were into saving money".

BTW, still waiting for the FAX from where he was "looking" for the car I wanted.

If you haven't had the recall for the A3 Jetta done yet, I will tell you that the big metal plate installed is ugly!