**Special California Acknowledgement attachment form on buyback offer?

lance2214

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI, 2012 Jetta TDI
Today, I tried to have my offer letter notarized in California only to have the notary tell me that she would not sign the provided VW notary form. She stated that in CA a California acknowledgement with CA appropriate wording was needed.​
I told her I wanted the VW form notarized, because I had to scan it and upload it. I mentioned the "QR" code that the system scans in the bottom. She simply refused and said it was inaccurate and it would be rejected, she then went on to show me at least 20 different notary signatures in her book she had completed for the buyback.​
She stated the only one who returned stating it was rejected was the first one she completed on the VW notary form, (due to customer demand) as opposed to the California Acknowledgement she was telling me to use.​
Based on the previous transactions I let her do the California Acknowledgement page and she crossed out the VW form and wrote "see attachment".​
Has anyone else heard or experienced this?​

Eggieztdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Man. 2015 TDIs
Yes, and this has been covered multiple time on multiple threads. That's her job, she is correct