10 Business days + 10 Business days for Audit?

JasonCz

TDI
2012 Golf TDI Tech
Take this all FWIW:

I just got off the phone with an agent at the VW claim center. I was inquiring about why my documents (Submitted 9/19) have not been accepted yet. Her response was that she had just received a memo that said they had 10 business days from NOVEMBER 1st AND THEN ANOTHER 10 BUSINESS DAYS FOR AN OUTSIDE AUDIT to confirm my documents were in order. I asked if she could provide a link to this memo, and she indicated it was an internal document.

I pointed out to her this was contrary to the court ruling, but I acknowledged that she was just doing her job and this was out of her control.

It feels like VW is trying their hardest to drag this out as long as possible. I'm considering making a complaint to the court (or its appointed steward).

ivebeeneverywhere

TDI
2011 JSW 6MT (buyback someday)
The answer I received is 10 business days after my documents were accepted, which was yesterday. It took them almost a month to accept them. I'll see if anything changes before November 15th. At this point, I'm so used to confusion and delay, I've just accepted it as the norm.

I bought my replacement over the weekend, I couldn't bring myself to buy another VW the changed packaging on the driver's assistance package and the lack of any kind of decent incentive program put a fork in my VW ownership days.

blackhat840

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL BLUE/Black Leather
I'm not sure what I believe anymore. My documents were accepted 10/18/16, and the website states I will receive an offer within 10 BUSINESS DAYS. I'm gonna assume the 10 business days started 10/25/16, the date of the court approval. If that is actually correct I should have my offer by middle of next week, give or take a couple of days for mail transit.

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
I'm not sure what I believe anymore. My documents were accepted 10/18/16, and the website states I will receive an offer within 10 BUSINESS DAYS. I'm gonna assume the 10 business days started 10/25/16, the date of the court approval. If that is actually correct I should have my offer by middle of next week, give or take a couple of days for mail transit.
From what I understand it comes as an email with an attachment to download and print. Scan then send back or mail if you choose.

Ambassadors on on site now at dealers. They are not there to sit around. I suspect we will have lots of news over the next 5 days of people getting their offers and setting dates to turn cars in.

MrWrench

TDI
2014 Jetta premium/nav
The answer I received is 10 business days after my documents were accepted, which was yesterday. It took them almost a month to accept them. I'll see if anything changes before November 15th. At this point, I'm so used to confusion and delay, I've just accepted it as the norm.

I bought my replacement over the weekend, I couldn't bring myself to buy another VW the changed packaging on the driver's assistance package and the lack of any kind of decent incentive program put a fork in my VW ownership days.
I wanna get my replacement vehicle now but my wife is hesitant to spend anymore on a car payment without knowing when we can turn the car in. I'm gonna sprint out of the deal ship before they can try talking to me about a new Vw. I want nothing to do with Vw after this ordeal.

daesania

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Jetta Sportwagen
I wanna get my replacement vehicle now but my wife is hesitant to spend anymore on a car payment without knowing when we can turn the car in. I'm gonna sprint out of the deal ship before they can try talking to me about a new Vw. I want nothing to do with Vw after this ordeal.
I had heard somewhere on this forum that the sales people are not to talk to buyback people leaving with their check.

nattyboh2027

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
Take this all FWIW:

I just got off the phone with an agent at the VW claim center. I was inquiring about why my documents (Submitted 9/19) have not been accepted yet. Her response was that she had just received a memo that said they had 10 business days from NOVEMBER 1st AND THEN ANOTHER 10 BUSINESS DAYS FOR AN OUTSIDE AUDIT to confirm my documents were in order. I asked if she could provide a link to this memo, and she indicated it was an internal document.

I pointed out to her this was contrary to the court ruling, but I acknowledged that she was just doing her job and this was out of her control.

It feels like VW is trying their hardest to drag this out as long as possible. I'm considering making a complaint to the court (or its appointed steward).
Why does VW AND these 3rd Party claim reps continue to jerk us around? They are all professionals at dragging their feet. VW loves to not be transparent on this process. Do they understand that the longer and harder they make this process, the less chances of TDI owners are not going to buy another VW?

VW needs to be more transparent in...
"We have reviewed all of your documents. Currently, your application contains all the necessary documentation to determine your eligibility. We are now determining your eligibility and will inform you whether you are eligible to participate in the Settlement Claims Program and, if applicable, will provide you with a final offer, within ten business days."

My "ten business days" hits at the end of next week. For those that received that ten business days message on or before 10/25 should be getting a final offer on 11/8. If that doesn't happen, then the frustration continues. VW and 3rd party claim reps suck at doing their jobs. If they are under staffed, then I would say VW had plenty of time to scatter for hiring when the pre-approval court hearing occurred in June.

Salsaman06

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL (sold back to VWoA Dec 21, 2016)
Take this all FWIW:
I just got off the phone with an agent at the VW claim center. I was inquiring about why my documents (Submitted 9/19) have not been accepted yet. Her response was that she had just received a memo that said they had 10 business days from NOVEMBER 1st AND THEN ANOTHER 10 BUSINESS DAYS FOR AN OUTSIDE AUDIT to confirm my documents were in order. .....

I called on Oct 20th and got the exact same explanation.

Edit: with the exception that I was told it starts the day of the final settlement - which would coincide with others saying 20 days from Oct 25th.

Last edited:

keith102

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI 6spd
When i called, they told me 20 business days from October 25th when they started processing the documents, but they did mention they are all verified with the outside audit.
This is the same story I got when I called last Saturday. 20 days from Oct 25th.

nucklehead

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI W/DSG
VW needs to be more transparent in...
"We have reviewed all of your documents. Currently, your application contains all the necessary documentation to determine your eligibility. We are now determining your eligibility and will inform you whether you are eligible to participate in the Settlement Claims Program and, if applicable, will provide you with a final offer, within ten business days."
I find it very interesting how similar each of our email messages from VW is - but different too. Mine does not mention anything about a 10 day period for them to schedule a buyback date. Have you gotten more than one email from them? I've only had one email - here's what I got from them Oct. 27th:

We have reviewed the documents you submitted as part of your claim with reference number 16088xxxx. Currently, your application contains all of the necessary documentation to determine your eligibility. We are now determining your eligibility and will inform you whether you are eligible to participate in the VW/Audi Diesel Emissions Settlement Program.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
The "within ten business days" part isn't in the email, it's on the website.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
I had heard somewhere on this forum that the sales people are not to talk to buyback people leaving with their check.
That's basically what the Audi training video (link posted elsewhere in this forum) states: nobody at the dealership is allowed to initiate any kind of sales offer. However, they are very careful to point out that if people who turn cars in approach them, then all bets are off......

speedrye

Veteran Member
TDI
13 JSW DSG, 14 JSW DSG
Do we even know if the offer letter will come via snail mail or by email?
It depends on which you signed up for when you first registered your car. If you signed up for correspondence via snail mail, that's what you'll get. If you opted for email, you'll get an email.

ken carcich

TDI
2013jetta sportwagen
replaced yesterday

flew to Denver 11/2 took home new Passat SE ith all the bells and whistles. Got 38+MPG at mile-high. Then about 36 in Wyo. hills and elev. Nice 450 m ile drive. Home for6PM. Painless replacement!! Will wait to turn in JSW!!!

mrsdean4

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
It depends on what the definition of "is" is

Here's what I see when I read that statement: They have determined you have all the necessary documentation. Now they will determine if you are eligible for the buyback. They don't actually say they will determine eligibility AND provide you with a final offer in 10 days. I think it means that after the point of determining eligibility, they then have 10 days to get an offer to you. No guarantees in that statement on just how long the eligibility phase will take.

jsplinter

TDI
Jetta
What I don't get is, I thought we entered our VIN to determine eligibility when this all started. Why are they even accepting documents if our vehicle is eligible

bfrink

TDI
2015 Audi A3
Here's what I see when I read that statement: They have determined you have all the necessary documentation. Now they will determine if you are eligible for the buyback. They don't actually say they will determine eligibility AND provide you with a final offer in 10 days. I think it means that after the point of determining eligibility, they then have 10 days to get an offer to you. No guarantees in that statement on just how long the eligibility phase will take.
Why would the court allow that? That interpretation would allow VW to take a year to determine eligibility. That is not in keeping with the intent to remove offending vehicles from the road ASAP.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
What I don't get is, I thought we entered our VIN to determine eligibility when this all started. Why are they even accepting documents if our vehicle is eligible
Well, the VIN tells them that the car is eligible. But they also need to verify that you are the rightful person to get the buyback, that there is no eligible seller with which the restitution gets split, and so forth.

In theory all of this should be possible from the title/registration uploaded. And in theory I guess they might be able to tap into DMV's computer systems and verify that the title provided is correct/accurate, that no salvage title has been issued for the car in question, and all that..

nattyboh2027

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
Waiting for the final offer and scheduling the buyback is a dog chasing its tail.

Absolutely no faith in VW to do their jobs correctly for the claims process.

Through other threads, folks said phone claim reps said final offers will be mailed out. Can take 10-30 business days. I'll take a wild guess to get screwed by VW again. A realistic buyback for me could be let's say no earlier than March 2017.

We have to realize that we have to wait for the snail mail final offer.....foot work to get it notarized, foot work to get photo copies (for record keeping)...foot work to send it out overnight priority......

No way in hell I'm using TDI mileage to do all the foot work, using my motorcycle for this :cool:

Anyways since its going to be till 2017 for a realistic buyback turn in, I'm more than happy to file a VW Complaint to FTC :)

MacBuckeye

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta
Ssshhhh... I hear crickets. Or is that someone's feet dragging? It's been 10 "business" days since I got the OK from VW. Not holding my breath. Hurry up and wait..... I bet we don't hear anything until next week.