Moonroof
Heated Seats and Mirrors
CD Player
XM Radio
Rear Spoiler
A/C
Cruise control

Maintenance done in past 12 months…

New EGR, intake cleaned out of carbon crud build up.
New timing belt, water pump, relay and idler, thermostat and housing, serp belt & DSG service,...(all done at 183,000 miles).

The cam is original, and my guru reports after inspection that only two of the lobes are showing "medium" signs of rounding off. He said that they were within the wear parameters for that many miles. I have seen/felt no symptoms of any cam problems at all.

Past misc. service: Dual mass flywheel replaced at 140,000 miles, 1 CV boot replaced due to tear (CV not allowed to dry out of grease), cam timing sensor replaced, transmission case external oil leak sealed up and fixed. Lower right front control arm replaced. That's it.

The Good...

AC works great
Heated seats work great
4 tires with lots of tread left...General Altamax HP installed at 166,000 miles, new rear rotors and pads at 166,000 miles

I had Bilstein HD struts and shocks installed at 116,000 miles and replaced strut mounts at that time. No creaking suspension anymore...and talk about great handling on and off the highway ramps!

Car runs fantastic and shifts smoothly. Passed recent NJ m.v. inspection.

The Bad..

two small dents in passenger side rear door near lower edge, paint not broken (I touched them up with reflex silver paint)...

Rocker panel passenger side has two minor dents

I have to add maybe 1/3-1/2 of liter of oil in between change intervals.

Both headlight lenses are starting to glaze over along top edge.

That's it.

Car drives and runs 100%. 75-80 mph no problem if your license & insurance can handle it. alignment is true...no drifting or pulling.

I am the 1st and only owner since new. Always garaged. After 8+ years I still average 45mpg. The only reason I'm selling it is I purchased another car. It will sadden me to say good bye to this very reliable, cost effective car that has served me so well.
I will be consoled if a worthy TDI buyer takes it over from me.

I certify that no VW dealer has ever worked on this car!!!...that's right...I am the only one who has ever changed the oil since the first 5,000 mile change interval. I have all service and repair records of course... I started the 1st 40,000 miles with Castrol 505.01 5W-30, then switched over to Pentosin 5W40 and used it ever since. Of course I changed it every 10,000 miles, and did the complete 20K service when needed.

All major work and maintenance has been done by a great diesel mechanic in Shrewsbury, NJ--he is a trained Porsche-Audi VW TDI tech.

Clean title in hand. Car located in central N J.

Best way to contact me, Richard, is via text 908-902-9891

$6,000 obo. Cash or cashier's check from recognized bank only. If you are seriously interested I will text you photos.

ricardotdi

TDI
06 jetta
I sold my 2006 TDI today to CarCash for $2,000. Had 190,000 miles on it...in good condition, garaged, well maintained. Advertised in Craig's list, local guru put it on his facebook page.. Know how many people want a car, regardless of condition, with 190,000 miles on it? zero.

I bought a 2014 BMW 328d last month with 2900 miles on it. Technology all over.. I can extract the oil, change the oil, air & cabin filters, but that's it. There's nothing else I dare to play with under the hood...great car, killer handling, 44 mpg so far...time to move on.

johnboy00

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon, 2004 Jetta, 2003 Jetta wagon
You probably should have put that info out here before you sold it. You could have easily sold it for $3000 or more, but most people, including myself, would not want to "insult" you by offering 50% of your asking price.

With that said, it does appear that values are going to be low as long as fuel prices remain relatively cheap.

Good luck with the BMW.