Breaking news!!! [OEM Mud Flaps]

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
OEM US Market Passat Splash Guards (Mud Flaps) are finally available!!!

I may be buying a TDI SEL today so I decided to check on the availability of these elusive items and I saw the Wisconsin warehouse had the front splash in stock (222 pieces). So I called Vw to find availability of the rear splash guards and was told my local warehouse (Los Angeles) is checking in stock as we speak.

We should have them in stock by mid next week.

Keep your eyes in the Vendor Classifieds. Once I get them I will add them to our website and make an announcement.

This is not my car as promised, but they are official Vw pictures:

Last edited:

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Please update this thread first please. I don't want to go digging through there just to find these. Are they black or color matched?

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Light,

Here's update #1. I just signed the papers. The Passat is mine.

What's that? You weren't referring to the passat?

Ohh. Ok.

In that case, I will update when the splash guards arrive.

And from the pics I have seen, they will be black textured like the previous splash guards.

Bgboost

TDI
Passat
Light,

Here's update #1. I just signed the papers. The Passat is mine.

What's that? You weren't referring to the passat?

Ohh. Ok.

In that case, I will update when the splash guards arrive.

And from the pics I have seen, they will be black textured like the previous splash guards.

Did you get the deal you were looking for?

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
I did.

$500 back from invoice.

I am happy.

Now I just have to wait for the next hour to pass when I clock out and drive her home.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Nice update on the ride! Just got mine a few weeks ago myself. With the new car I haven't been in the for sale forums much, so a ton of unread threads to look through. I will keep my eyes peeled for your pics!

Sprocket

Sprockette's hubby
TDI
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Eco Diesel, 2005 Passat Silverstone Grey, 1996 Passat Storm Grey
Congrats on the new car!

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
I have confirmed the splash guards will be here tomorrow and I will have plenty to go around.

The front kit is part number 561-075-111 and the rear kit is 561-075-101.

They retail for $60 each. I can not post my price in the discussion forum, so I will be creating a thread in the vendor classifieds.

Last edited:

RoadRunnerTR21

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE w/sunroof
I have confirmed the splash guards will be here tomorrow and I will have plenty to go around.

The front kit is part number 561-075-111 and the rear kit is 561-075-101.

They retail for $60 each. I can not post my price in the discussion forum, so I will be creating a thread in the vendor classifieds.
Have you created your thread for the splash guards yet?

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
I can now say from personal experience that it IS possible to install the front mud flaps without removing the wheels, but not the rear.

On the front you will have to turn the wheel to full lock (easiest to hold there if you have an assistant or a strap of some sort) then you will have just enough room to drill the wheel well liner.

There is no way around the rear since you can not turn the wheels. You will have to remove them to drill the liner.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
You only have to drill a hole in the liner to add a little bit of rigidity to the mud flap. It uses 3 existing holes up the side, but you have to drill the 1 toward the center of the car. This will keep the mud flap from folding back while driving.